Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

Hmm, only me I have this behavior

Thanks for the feedback guys!
For the genre filter, it’s on our TODO list. We will do it after we have a 100% working version (which we are very close to have :wink: )

2 Likes

I am on Voliumio versio 2.846 as well and do not notice any interruptions when listening to Qobuz.

Only when I pause a song for a longer time (1 hour or more) after I resume (press play again) the song only plays for a short amount of tim (I suppose, data still stored in some kind of local cache) and then skips to the next song in the playlist.

Filters being on the TODO list sounds good . Highliy appreciated. Thanks for the great news, guys!

I did more testing and the troubles with Qobuz are only with High res. I didn’t have any of those with the previous versions.

See this thread:

Anyway, I have to say last time I used Volumio to listen to Qobuz, a couple days ago, I had no interruptions. A mistery to me (and to the developers too, it seems)…

Thanks, I have logout from phone and now it is ok.
I really like the curent implementation how it is behaves…

i’m really looking forward to the completion of the new tidal and qobuz integration in volumio.
I mostly think that we have it in our own hands how the implementation continues.

Regarding the ‘connect solution’, I would like to say that the APPs use trackers. e.g. in android: Braze, Google CrashLytics, Google Analytics, Google Firebase Analytics, Adjust, Facebook Analytics, Facebook Login, Facbook share, Google Tag Manger, Google AdMob, MixPanel, Instabug.

Thanks

1 Like

What does it mean, it uses trackers? It will be safe to use the volumio on-board implementation then tidal connect?

judydudi referred to the Tidal.app on the androidmplatform. That app apparently uses a whole bunch of trackers, that submit data about its usage e.g. the users actions on the smartphone, to different tracking providers. Everybody has to decide for him/herself, how concerning that is.

The tracking services within the Tidal.app on the smartphone should not impede the Volumio installation on a rPi or similar device.

Users who value their privacy might still prefer using tidal through volumio, since less usage data is transferred and all usage data only ism transferred to Tidal, not to any third parties. At least, that is what I think is meant by Judydudi.

Thanks,
St least for me I want to use only volumio… I like that hat everethying is integrated…

Hey Rerun,
you are right!
Thank you for clearifying my point. :smiley:

@totyc awesome!

Great to see people enjoying the cloud implementation. We have a good list of ideas for future functionalities, this is only the starting point!

Could you please tell me if the experience has been fast and without interruptions? Are performances aligned to an high standard service?

Everything is working fine now with Qobuz, with the exception of playlists with >50 tracks.

I would like to see the qobuz Playlist implementation, focus, mood etc, also on volumio… In rest the menu is fluid.the experience is ok.now I am waiting for the topping e30 to see the quality, id it is better then chromecast… Because i do not want to use the qobuz app with cca because at some point the qobuz app does not see anymore the cca, meaning is not conencted to cca when want to stream, but continues to play… I can only stop the music only from Home app. Do you have an idee?
, thanks

1 Like

I’ve been using 2.846 for a few days now and here are some things I’ve noticed.

1. The Tidal problem I reported earlier where Tidal would stop working after the system had been idle for a few hours requiring a reboot seems to be fixed. :slight_smile:

2. I notice an issue with “Not Available” tracks on Qobuz - Volumio will list the tracks as normal and attempt to queue them up to play but they will not play, and cause the playlist to hang. Not sure if this is a new problem or an existing one.

An example album is Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder (2019 Remix) [Live]. Checking in the Qobuz iOS app I can see that only two tracks are available to play (CD 1 track 3 and CD 2 track 4) with all other tracks having the blue “Not available” label.

Qobuz does this a lot with some albums where they want you to buy the album (and it’s quite annoying) but it’s more annoying when the UI doesn’t show that the song is not playable and it causes playback to hang - it makes it look like Volumio is hanging.

So is it possible to show such tracks as Not available when searching for them and NOT add unplayable tracks to the playlist when attempting to play an album ?

1. Playback of songs from Tracks / My Tracks in Qobuz and Tidal still broken. Also related to this is if you go to a playlist in Qobuz or Tidal and select an individual song to play (add to the local playback queue) it fails in exactly the same way, however you can queue the entire playlist to play (the play button at the top of the playlist) successfully.

2. EP’s & Singles in Tidal still don’t appear.

I know some of these problems are still being worked on but its good to see some issues getting fixed.

Replying to myself here but I have just made a discovery about this problem and it looks like it is a UI bug rather than a Tidal / Qobuz problem, and hopefully easy to fix.

If I go into Tracks in Tidal and click on the play button on the far left or on the name of the song itself, playback fails with the errors to the system journal as reported earlier, however if I click on the three dots on the far right and choose “play” (or any of the other options) from the pop up menu the song queues and plays normally. :slight_smile:

So it seems the clickable links for the left hand play button and along most of the length of the song name line are broken but the context menu on the three dots has working links. At least I know a workaround now.

Edit: Another oddity just discovered. If I go to Tidal->Tracks, I go to a page that lists the tracks in A-Z order by default but also has buttons for A-Z, Date Added, Artist and Release date to change the sort order.

However if I go to Qobuz->My Tracks I’m just taken to a list of tracks with no option buttons to change the sort order ?? I’m pretty certain the ability to change the sort order used to be there for both Tidal and Qobuz as I usually sort by Date Added in the tracks section to play recently added tracks. What happened to that sort option in Qobuz ?

Hi,
I a on 2.846 versions and after playing a full Playlist in qobuz, afterwards I can not play anything, radio, I receive the message with radio has started to play but the icon is still triangle meaning the muwic. After a full reset is ok again

@Lintbf can you plese send a log and paste the link here after it happens?

Good news. Today we had an internal QA\Dev meeting and we are quite satisfied with the result of the implementation and we want to progress with a furhter release.
Now we need to make sure that the Cloud echosystem can handle the increased number of requests of all users, so we are scaling the platform and doing some stress test on it.

If all goes well, this weekend we will release this new implementation for everyone, in a way it can be easily enabled from the UI with a switch.
This will be the last phase, once we are sure it works well 100% we will then release it for all, and dismiss the old one