OLED spectrum display on Volumio on Raspberry Pi Zero W

I’ve also fixed this with:

:wink:

That is fast :slight_smile:
It means that it is fixed Adrian?
Thanks

Volumio fix will be available in next release…

Hi Lintbf

Yes. If you clone a new copy of mpd_oled the issue is fixed.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

It is fully working :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers
Florin

Hi Florin

Great! Thanks for letting me know.

Adrian.

But previously have observed that in the home directory only volumio was available, no cava or mpd oled… And I know that I have installed it… Could have been deleted?

Hello,
I have installed radio paradise plugin and I have observed the same behavior as in qobuz, when music is stopped the screen does not switch to watch, only the spectrum display is stopped For others webradio is ok
Thanks.

Hi Florin

There are three player states – “play”, “pause” and “stop” – but mpd_oled only has two state screens, with the “pause” screen being the same as the “play” screen. It is easy to add a configuration option to mpd_oled to make the “pause” screen the same as the “stop” screen (meaning that mpd_oled will also switch to the “stop” screen when pausing music"). I’ll do that. [It would be better to include a timeout option for “pause” to swich from “play” to “stop”, but I don’t want to make any complicated changes to mpd_oled at the moment.]

Adrian.

1 Like

Hi Florin

I have pushed this change. Get a new copy of mpd_oled and set option -P s and the pause screen will be the stop screen.

Adrian.

1 Like

wonderful! many thanks for this change!

Hello,
Thanks for tbe update but I have deleted the mpd folder, and install it again but when I run sudo bash install. Sh I receive an error mpd_oled no such file or directory
. Thanks

Strange :slight_smile: it started to work suddenly :slight_smile:

Later edit. Where should I add the option - P and s, in mpd oled. Service? If yes after I do a sudo bash. Instal. Sh, I receive the above error.

Hi Florin

The line in mpd_oled.service might look like

ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 6 -b 21 -g 1 -f 15 -P s

If you see something like “error mpd_oled no such file or directory” it sounds like mpd_oled hasn’t been built. Check if the mpd_oled binary is present in the mpd_oled directory

ls mpd_oled

Adrian.

Exactly, has not been built… But if I run tu he command from /usr/local/bin with - P s I have the same behavior.

O have tried to install again mpd oled but when I do player =volumio make I receive some errors… Then if I run sudo. / mpd_oled… I receive. /mpd oled command not found.
Thanks

Hi Florin

The mpd_oled binary needs to be built. If the build failed then there should have been an error message.

In your message you have a space between the ‘-’ and ‘P’, if you ran the command like this the option would not be processed, but silently ignored (I will add an error message for this kind of error). if you remove the space when you run the command you will probably get an error that the option is not recognised, because this is the old binary. When you have built and installed the new binary -P s should work correctly.

Adrian.

Hi Florin

I have seen your edit. If you run commands and there are errors then it helps if you copy and paste the command and the message into the post. In this case you said you ran player =volumio make, but the comand is PLAYER=VOLUMIO make, so maybe the error is with the command you entered.

Adrian.

Hi,
Now I got it, it is exactly like you said., this is the error when

I build :slight_sm

Hi Florin

Thanks for the screenshot, I can see the issue now. I made the change on a Moode machine, which apparently supports a newer version of the programming language by default, and included a language feature that the Volumio machine won’t accept by default. I have fixed this, and tested on a Volumio machine, and pushed the changes. If you get a fresh copy of mpd_oled (sorry!) it should now work.

Adrian.

I am glad that at least I can support this feature by testing it :slight_smile: but it is a realy pitty that volumio does not update to a newer version of kernel python version etc because I see some tutorials that are made for newer versions…
Thanks Adrian.