[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

Humm, weird as I use it… Can you please send log when it hangs?

Will journalctl work or do you need any other log? Let me know and I’ll try to help.

the best is : Sending logs for troubleshooting - Volumio Documentation

1 Like

OK - It seems that on some filter types, in this case a high shelving, the interface does not warn you if you set an invalid slope. I had, and this caused the error. I found out when looking in the log. So, not really a bug, but could be prevented better if user is warned when setting invalid values.

intersting! what values causing this?

I had mistakenly set 15 as slope instead of 12.

So,
High shelf
700,-2,15

Last number must be =12 or less.

Go to bottom of log and check
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/LRWBYBe.html

I added a check for slope values. Now the range is 0-12

1 Like

Now I have this error, when trying to generate a filter with DRC-FIR.

May 16 16:47:31 volumio volumio[861]: info: drc fails to create filter Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/drc --BCInFile=/tmp/tempofilter.pcm --PTType=N --PSPointsFile=/data/INTERNAL/Dsp/target-curves/HK10.txt --PSOutFile=/data/INTERNAL/Dsp/filters/left-soft-HK10-44100.pcm /usr/share/drc/config/44.1\ kHz/soft-44.1.drc

Full log
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/0XZfvah.html

Seems I was succesful to manually create a filter with DRC (outside of web interface, using only terminal and not the plugin). However, when creating a 44.1kHz filter, it now does not work with other samplerates it seems.

May 16 23:00:48.590 ERRO Invalid filter ‘conv1’. Reason: Could not open coefficient file ‘/data/INTERNAL/Dsp/filters/left-soft-96000.pcm’. Error: No such file or directory (os error 2), module: camilladsp

I’ll have a look tonight. Can you send your impulse please?

I used the same one I sent you earlier!

Re-upload if needed:

https://sprend.com/download?C=a8281e52151941339b30ecaa7033f5b1

Here the reslut… It works!
My guess is something is wrong in the target curve. Check if there is no an empty line at the end of the file.
This one works (to test)
Let me know :wink:

HK11.txt (148 Octets)

You may be right. I have done some testing and readin on the DRC-FIR tool. I ended up using the new standard correction curve supplied with DRC, pa-44.1.txt. It worked to generate a file both in the terminal and in the UI. But anytime the DRC plugin is enabled, it’s a hit and miss whether the system works. It’s very sensitive, sometimes when you touch something, like enable/disable effect for comparison, it stops working and gives Audio device errors or whatever. Sometimes the system restarts by itself and can take hours to come alive again. I know this is beta but I unfortunately had the same experience with the supposedly stable Volumio2. So I have decided to give up on DRC in Volumio for now, it’s just to much trouble, and I will settle with the PEQ as it is not sustainable everytime when you sit down for a listening session that you don’t know if the system is gonna work or not.

Volumio 2 is not stable with DRC plugin. It is known even if I use it on a Allo boss player for month.
On Volumio3, I didn’t met problem as you. I will deeply test with your impulse though.
But thank you for testing and your feedback :wink:

I will give it a try again later, maybe when V3 is out of beta. I will go through some errors and logs and see if I find something more that may be of interest.

Hi,
is there a crossfeed plugin for Vol3? I tried Bauer plugin but it’s not working.
Maybe it’s in Camilla DSP plugin?

I suggest to open a new dedicated thread. I don’t think your problem is related to Buster.

okay, i will.

@xpedotx You have to enable the plugin in UI

1 Like

hi @balbuze

im stuck here on the installation… how do i answer to get pass this?
tried y and yes… its still there…