[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

Ok, great. I’ll take a look. I’m on a RPi. Thanks.

-edit- Sorry, just for my own clarity - is that for both spotify and spotify connect? Or just volspotconnect2? The spotify one seems old.

spop and volspotconnect2

Yes something is wrong when both plugins are activated. Need to be dbug. Don’t know when…

I modified main.cpp and display.cpp in mpd_oled to show only spectrum when playing, how do I make it stick, because I still see the original display setting.
I know that if installed from source from Adrian’s github I need to run" make,
sudo make install-strip", but with the plug-in what do I need to do?

Deleted

GPIO-Buttons plug-in is not working

Recompile the modules and it should work – you should find some instructions in this thread on how to do that :slight_smile:

Thanks, but no, not easy enough. :smiley:

Care to elaborate?

You told me to recompile the module, I’ve looked everywhere, cannot find an easy solution that shows how to recompile. I just want simple steps to follow.

Install requirements to compile

sudo apt install build-essentials

Go in plugin folder and remove old node modules

rm -Rf node_modules

Build new modules

npm install

It should be ok :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi,
When I listen to qobuz 192khz 24 bit music the bitrate shown in my mod oled is around 5400, should not be 9216? Also when playing smaller res music does not show exactly, all the time is smaller with around 30 40 %. I have 1Gps connection.
Thanks

A bit late, but this was the post that was meant to help :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will give this a try this evening

not sure I’m doing it right.
I think I followed the steps but it doesn’t modify the display, in fact I don’t know how this would get my modification.
The files I modified are in /home/volumio/mpd_oled.
This is what I got, running the steps above.

volumio@volumio:~$ sudo apt install build-essentials
[sudo] password for volumio:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package build-essentials
volumio@volumio:~$ cd /data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled
volumio@volumio:/data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled$ rm -Rf node_modules
volumio@volumio:/data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled$ npm install

> sleep@6.3.0 install /data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled/node_modules/sleep
> node-gyp rebuild

make: Entering directory '/data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled/node_modules/sleep/build'
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/node_sleep/module_init.o
In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:56,
                 from ../sleep.h:4,
                 from ../module_init.cc:1:
/home/volumio/.cache/node-gyp/14.15.4/include/node/node.h:758:43: warning: cast between incompatible function types from 'void (*)(Nan::ADDON_REGISTER_FUNCTION_ARGS_TYPE)' {aka 'void (*)(v8::Local<v8::Object>)'} to 'node::addon_register_func' {aka 'void (*)(v8::Local<v8::Object>, v8::Local<v8::Value>, void*)'} [-Wcast-function-type]
       (node::addon_register_func) (regfunc),                          \
                                           ^
/home/volumio/.cache/node-gyp/14.15.4/include/node/node.h:792:3: note: in expansion of macro 'NODE_MODULE_X'
   NODE_MODULE_X(modname, regfunc, NULL, 0)  // NOLINT (readability/null_usage)
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
../module_init.cc:24:1: note: in expansion of macro 'NODE_MODULE'
 NODE_MODULE(node_sleep, init)
 ^~~~~~~~~~~
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/node_sleep/sleep_cpp11.o
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/node_sleep/sleep_posix.o
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/node_sleep/sleep_win.o
  SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/obj.target/node_sleep.node
  COPY Release/node_sleep.node
make: Leaving directory '/data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled/node_modules/sleep/build'
npm WARN mpd_oled@0.0.4 No repository field.

added 26 packages from 20 contributors and audited 26 packages in 20.818s

1 package is looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 0 vulnerabilities

Instructions are for recompiling node modules as you asked for gpio plugins.
I don’t what you mean or want to do by modifying mod oled. Mpdoled from Supercrab or the version I modified for buster already shows spectrum only while playing, or a clock when stop.
I can’t help more for that point.

GPIO-buttons plugins is another problem, it’s just doesn’t activate.
My problem with mpd_oled is that, for me, it shows spectrum, clock, bitrate, timeline, everything while playing, so I modified main.cpp and display.cpp in home/volumio/mpd_oled folder,to show only spectrum, and I was wondering how to make that change show. Somebody said I need to recompile. That’s it.
If you know how to make volumio see the change it’s good, if not, I will try with Adrian install from source, but it will not be a plug in then.
But you just said that your plugin show only the spectrum while playing, where can I get this one?

You seem to be mixing two streams of advice - the recompilation of the node modules suggestion was for GPIO-buttons, not for mpd_oled.

Good luck!

I think you’re confusing the program mpd_oled with the plugin mpd_oled they are 2 different things. You need to change and compile the mpd_oled program first and then install the plugin. I think @balbuze has posted his version of the working plugin on this post.

Note: you don’t need the plugin to use the mpd_oled program, you can just install it as a service. Have a look at the mpd_oled github page and follow the install instructions…

ok thanks, I will try that for GPIO_buttons plug in.
And will deal with mpd_oled another way.