No wired network connection with a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH mainboard

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.834 x86
Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
DAC: n.a.

Good evening,

This afternoon I tried to install and configure Volumio on a PC with a Gigabyte mainboard that has an onboard Intel 1Gb network controller.

To my surprise this network controller wasn’t recognized by the Volumio installation and therefor we couldn’t use the former Windows media center system.

It was a long time ago that I ran into such an issue when using Volumio/Linux.

My guess is this has to do with the fact that the package “firmware-linux-nonfree” isn’t part of the default installation.

I hope some can help me in the right direction to solve this before we are going to replace hardware.

Thanks in advance

Regards, T-RIF

Is there no one that can help me with this?

Is this related to the debian package “firmware-linux-nonfree” ?

please try the beta version, to be found in Volumio Development/ Development talk.
The current released version does not support your mainboard.

Thanks for the suggestion, I picked-up the hardware and we are going to do some further debugging. I’ll share the outcome.

Going for the beta version is also an option, but because I won’t be using this system myself it isn’t the preferred methode, the person who will be using it has no IT knowledge.

don’t worry, the beta version covers all functionality, incl. myVolumio, but might lack plugin support as their (external) developers may not support the platform yet.

And indeed the beta version is supporting this Intel I 219-V.
Lets see if it is stable enough and if the right plugins are working for this new Volumio user.

Thanks for the support, this issue can be closed.