No web gui?

Hi there,

I am new to the world of the pi and audio dac, but have had dealings with linux in the past.

i am having issues with the installation though.

I have managed to flash a SD card with the hifiberry distro (the one located here hifiberry.com/files/images/ … igured.zip )and managed to connect via ethernet.

I have also managed to - i think - get wireless working - I have an ip address so I’m hoping that is working, but that is where it ends.

I have used both IP addresses (wireless and the ethernet one) to try to get the web front end up, but I am unable to access anything.

how can I check that something is running for me to connect to?

Hello,
Here you are on the forum and a website talking about volumio.
We can’ t really help you with your distro…Ask hifiberry… or use Volumio ! :wink:

I was under the impression that hifiberry is using volumio

hifiberry.com/guides/settin … eat-audio/

As you can see in the step after the installation, you connect to volumio.

I have also posted there in an attempt to get a quick answer.

I don’t know which version is used with hifierry raspbian. But you can download volumio 1.55 . It’s easy to configure the DAC. :smiley:

I’ll give it a shot this evening…

The .zip you linked is a customized, pre-configured Raspbian installation. If you reed step 3 of the guide you linked;

Clearly states to download an other image.

The download page hasn’t moved so its still available here: volumio.org/get-started/

well I’ve just installed volumio from the main page and I am worse off than when I started :frowning:

I am trying to ssh into the device with zero luck.

i have edited the cmdline.txt to have the ipaddress that the wired link will see via ethernet on my pc, but i cannot see the device at all.

I cant access my wireless network as i cant add my wireless settings on the device.

if I try volumio.local on my browser then it just launches a google search.

do i need a cross over cable to connect to the device?

hi,
for the first configuration you NEED a ethernet cable…
1 - flash your sd card
2 - plug the ethernet cable
3 - put the sd card in the slot
4 - plug your wifi usb dongle
5 - power the system
After let’s say 1 minute, in your browser (mac or pc) enter http://volumio.local
from an android device you have to enter the IP adress which is given by your router. You can use a IP scanner to scan you network and find it.
6 - Here if everthing works as expected, you’ll get the webUI, go to the setting / network and configure the wifi (passwd etc).
7 - save and wait the webUI comes back…
8 - if ok, a green cross and the IP adress should appears in network setting.
9 - halt the system
10 - unplug ethernet
11 - reboot
It should works.
Same thing than peviously : in your browser (mac or pc) enter http://volumio.local
from an android device you have to enter the IP adress which is given by your router that maybe different from the first one !. You can use a IP scanner to scan you network and find it.
The best way is to give a fixed IP of your device
Throubleshouting : if no device appears in network setting, maybe your wifi dongle is not supported out of the box.
Check the forum, there is thread about compatibilty. Note : it is not because it not works out of the box that it can’t work… :wink:

thanks for the info.

in the end I had to plug it in to my router and do it that way.

it was a massive pain (my router is awkward) but i am now wirelessly connected. :slight_smile:

just need to test the audio now…