No Volume Control after Upgrading to Volumio Ver. 2.882

I recently upgraded to version 2.882 and now I have no control over the volume on any of my devices. I have a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro attached to my Pi 4. I have had no issues up until I had to rebuild my system and downloaded the latest version of Volumio.

I’ve looked at some of the other posts, and though there are a few that seem related, there is nothing definitive. One post which discussed modification of GPIO pin assignment provided no information on performing this task if this is truly the issue.

Thanks for any assistance.
Howard

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with ver. 2.882 and Pi 3b. :cry:

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/9uA7kAs.html

Ashthespy

I sent you the logs but have yet to find out what was discovered. Do you have an update?

Also, I found that if I am running Volumio for an extended time I lose the ability to control via my network. I have to close the app on my phone and restart it to have any control. Gets annoying.

Thanks

Do you have exactly the same behaviour when using a browser rather than an app on your mobile (you don’t mention in your initial post that you were using an app.)

Did you play something, and try (and fail) to control the volume before recording this log?

Sorry about the delay. Yes, the issue occurs whether I am using the app or using my laptop. I cannot control the music level in either case.

As to trying to duplicate the issue before creating the log, I did not. I misread the instructions and I thought the log was created at startup. I can retry to create the log now.

Thanks for your reponse.