No network connectivity- 'bind 0.0.0.0:6600 failed'

I was trying to setup a wireless dongle and must have made too many changes at once.
The last thing I did before it stopped working was set the Volumio system to dynamic IP from Static IP.

Anyone tell me what ‘bind 0.0.0.0:6600 failed’ means? I’m guessing there is no ip associated with the music DB?

Tried:

sudo /etc/init.d/mpd stop

and

sudo /etc/init.d/mpd restart

Any other ideas?

Vince

Hi. First of all, I am noob when it comes to Linux so take my advice with a grain of salt. I had same problem once I moved my Volumio RPi from home network (wifi) to my work network (ethernet). My IP was static for wifi and dynamic for ethernet.

What I had to change to get it working was to change the “mpd” username to “pi” in the mpd.conf. After that, you will also have to either modify the config paths to “pi” user’s folder or modify their permissions. I am not sure why I had to do it but since I could SSH to the box with “pi” account, I thought that “mpd” account was just a wrong one to use.

You may also want to check if the mpd.conf is set to bind to “Any” instead of particular IP address (found that somewhere on the net).

Thanks for the reply. I could get it to work, so I just re-imaged the SD card.
Haven’t had a problem since, but thanks for your suggestions.

Vince