"Next X86" dev (Kernel/ Hardware/ Debian stretch/buster)

Hi, in my configuration Volumio starts without monitor. My mini PC does only have a HDMI, no VGA.

Another hardware on my rack is starting without problems missing a monitor. A silentmaxx Kenko mini PC with an Asrock J3455-ITX 4x 2,30GHz Board.

Liva pc hawe bug on uefi bios - wont boot without monitor on ubuntu (linux).

Hi,

I upgraded from 2.394 to 2.408 dev version on my Udoo x86 with the 32GB eMMC. But when booting the system now I get this error,

findfs: Unable To Resolve UUID = ''4B75-DD9E"

Any suggestions?

Difficult, could yout try volumio-2.416-2018-07-08 and report back?

Unfortunately it did not worked. The UUID changed tho. These are the steps im doing to copy o the 32GB eMMC, which it worked on dev 2.394.

[i]- sudo dd if=/dev/volumio_dev_version.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4M

• sync[/i]

What changed on the file system between 2.394 and 2.408+ ?
Maybe the UUID can be substituted with the actual device path on the /etc/fstab ?

Just volumio functionality, no changes to the OS. Strange.
You cannot have the same version on usb stick (or card) and emmc.
Did you remove the usb stick/card before you booted from emmc?

I have some eror on liva pc copy to emmc.
2.394 version work fine.

Yes, I removed the USB before rebooting. What is strange is, 2.394 works just fine after re-imaging to eMMC.

ok, I will have a look at the issue this week.

Hi cruzpe, did you try to erase the partitions on your mms before reneging the Volumio release? This worked for me once I had the same problem.

sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

Make sure you point to the correct device to avoid destroying your permanent partitions!

Best regards,
Robert

Problems confirmed, it seems we have a dev build issue starting with dev version 2.408
Sending a test image to @cruzpe (only one I have an email address of, anyone else in need should send their email address to" volumio (at) bluewin.ch")
When confirmed working, I will build a new version for downloading.

Hi gkkpch - Received the image and It works now.

By the way, I have not mentioned my current configuration for Volumio x86. Seems Im the only one so far running x86 on a Udoo x86.

• Udoo x86 Advanced Plus board
    • Boot from 32GB eMMC
  • USB DAC: DIYINHK XMOS + 768kHz/32Bit AK4490EQ DAC

@cruzpe, for sure you are the only Udoo user posting here, no idea whether that device is being used a lot for Volumio.
Anyway, thanks for your quick help and feedback.
I will build a new DEV version soon and publish the download link in the OP, the old ones I will remove, just in case.

Hi,

just wanted to inform about the following. Volumio Dev volumio-2.394-2018-04-14-x86 is running well on the following hardware configuration:

Motherboard: ASRock J3455-ITX
Processor: CPU Intel Celeron/Pentium 4x 2,24GHz
Cache-Speicher: 2 MB
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Graphics-Controller: Intel HD Graphics 500
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC892
Compatibility: High-Definition-Audio, Premium Blu-ray-AudiounterstĂŒtzung
LAN Controller: Realtek RTL8111GR
HDMI 2.0
BIOS-Typ AMI
no WLAN / WIFI
HD: 1TB SSD Samsung SATA3 1000GB 860 EVO basic

Audio over line out (ok)
Audio over HDMI (ok) tested: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz - 16 Bit and 24 Bit
Volumio GUI is not starting on HDMI, everything else is working really fine.

Excellent work! Carry on! =:-D

Best regards,
Robert

Thanks for your feedback Robert!

The Volumio GUI depends on graphics driver and firmware support.
I added what I could find for kernel 4.16, but it is very likely that support is not complete yet.
Good to know your hw support is missing.

GĂ©

Hi GĂ©,

fortunately I use volumio only remote controlled through the web interface which is working excellently on my phone / tablet / PC. So for me personally there is no need for the GUI.

Best regards,
Robert

still, the driver/firmware is missing, meaning I have to follow up on this sometime.
Good to know I would have a tester :wink:

Udoo x86 AP is very fast on Volumio. I can say its an overkill for Volumio requirements. The CPU usage is around 3-7% at native DSD playback and popular sampling rates.

But I tested, just for fun, resampling everything to 32-bit/768kHz to take the USB DAC to the max. The CPU usage shoots up to 40-50% when re-sampling FLACs, and up to 80-90% when re-sampling DSDs to 32/768. I know 32/768 resolution is just unnecessary, but I wanted to see how far the processor and usb dac can handle.

Im looking at the UP Boards, which also are Intel-based. I might start trying these and take the Udoo x86 for another projects.

same here 2.394 version works, 2.411 cannot boot when install to eMMC

One feature to ask, for the following machine, even CPU governer is set to performance, the clock speed still varies.

Is there a way or setup to fix the CPU clock speed? Like Daphile can set fixed CPU frequency.

Assuming fixed CPU clock is probably better for sound quality.

Z83-W Fanless Mini PC, 64-bit Intel x5-Z8350 (Up To 1.92 GHz) HD Graphics, DDR3L 2GB/32GB eMMC/4K/1000M LAN/2.4/5.8GHz WiFi/BT 4.0 [Dual Output - VGA/HDMI]