I’m a total newbie with Volumio and Rasbperry Pi as well…
My plans are to build a headless car stereo for my vintage car. Before going any further with my plans, I thought it might be smart to ask from you guys if my plans are something that could be done…
What I want to accomplish is to build the new headless system inside an old car stereo to keep that vintage look&feel.
Features required would be
- ability to listen to spotify with one predefined playlist
- ability to listen to tunein radio with predefined channels
- ability to listen and control spotify with spotify connect
- possibility to select a source (spotify playlist, tunein, spotify connect) with three push buttons
- possibility to select next/previous channel or track with rotary switch (spring returned)
- volume control (for dac) with a potentiometer (source volume would always be the same)
- 4G network + wifi from my phone, when 4G connection is unavailable (network change would preferably be handled with a push button)
- dac delivering audio to an amp in the car
Being a newbie I’ve planned to do this in a few steps
- get the basic stuff to work on my desk
- add the buttons and switches to get stuff to work headless
- get the dac + volume control working
- get the 4g network working
- build the head unit (put the stuff inside the old philips and figure out how to fix the buttons and switches to headplate)
- get it all to work in the car
So, is this possible?
Is this possible using Volumio?
Do I need any additional hardware on top of RasPi, DAC, buttons, switches and the 4G dongle/shield?
Does my plan on how to start with this sound like good plan or would you do something differently?