New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

Hi Volumio,

Thanks for reaching out, really appreciated.

I think you hold me for someone else, I’m not aware of that request to me. I also haven’t done that (yet). But no worries, I’m happy to help and share my experiences to make things clearer :slight_smile: I’m a newby to Volumio, so here is my short story:

1. When I received my Rivo about a week ago, I installed Spotify Plugin, which was 3.06 at that time if I remember correctly
  2. It was somewhere this weekend that I updated the Spotify plugin to version 3.07
  3. For me nothing changed, connecting from Spotify to Rivo is still not working all the time

Initially I only used the Spotify app itself, so the Connect functionality. Later on I discovered the Volumio UI. If the Rivo is not showing up in Spotify app, 2 distinct situations occurred to me:

1. Spotify UI in the Volumio UI was not available, as if the Spotify plugin was not installed (it did show up in ‘installed plugins’ though)
    or
  2. I was in the Spotify UI of Volumio and loading pages, playlists or starting a song was not working

So the Volumio UI seems not to be a work-around for me if Spotify connect is not working.

If you want me to try some other things like test mode etc, please let me know.

Grtz,
Huub

Hi,

I’ve looked at your link where you explain how your plugin works. I’m not a software tinkerer myself, though I’m in IT, hehe. I’m not a RPi user of any sort, I bought the Rivo for a reason, amongst which being a complete solution for a nitwit like me. It seems like a hassle to make it work, won’t I interfere with the Out of the Box software of the Rivo if I do all that kind of stuff?

1 Like

you can basically benefit from a working LMS install that will help you enjoy your music instead of waiting volumio team fix every single music service that are broken/unstable lately. It’s off topic here but I didn’t want to let you without solution

Could still be a good idea to reinstall the plugin so you are sure that is correctly installed, since there was an issue earlier that not the latest version was supplied from the plugin section.

• Uninstall spotify plugin
  • Restart
  • Install the spotify plugin

I did that during my test this week-en and it did the trick for me on my old primo :+1:

Thanks for the tip. I just did so, let’s see what happens!

Yeah, for me both 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 have been rather stable without any hickups on my Primo mk1

And then with plugin test mode disabled? I must be lucky because since I updated the plugin to 3.07 (test mode still enabled and not an uninstall/restart/install), everything is working really well. As I’ve backed up my SD card I’ll try testing with the suggested method anyway.

I’ve only installed the stable versions, so never activated the test mode for plugins.

OK, I did …

• plugin uninstall
  • plugin test mode off
  • restart
  • plugin v3.0.7 install

Everything still working very well, selecting tracks via plugin and via my phone’s spotify app.

While trying to follow these instructions, I get an error trying to uninstall version 3.0.6.

An error occurred while uninstalling the plugin: Error

How do you get around that? I’ve tried rebooting a couple times already.

1 Like

Silly default ssh password limitation. Got it.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same thing. Tried different builds (currently using 3.0.7) and tried deleting cache in the spotify and volumio apps but still happening

Does anyone know if this is being looked at?

It’s on Volumio’s todo list

This is something that we can fix now, we have been given access to some undocumented features of vollibrespot that will allow us to fix this

6 Likes

I 've been cautious about reporting good news, but after 2 days it also seems to have done the trick here. Spotify Connect works pretty good here after doing a delete-restart-reinstall of the plugin :+1:

2 Likes

That sounds great, do you have any idea when a fix might be available?

Great. Is it possible to get access to this features or to a testing version of the fixed plugin?

I’m having the exact same issue when switching to Spotify from playing files from local NAS.

Running Volumio 3.396, Spotify connect 3.0.7 and in “plugin test mode”

The workaround of deleting the queue after playing from the NAS and starting playing from Spotify Connect works very well. You can then use Spotify glitch free.