DAC: HifiBerry Dac+ pro
Network: Wireless
Type of account
Volumio: Free
Spotify: Premium

Spotify is back!
Thank you very much for your work

1 Like

you can get login (username) and password via spotify on a PC. i did so.

Which device: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Which version: Volumio 3.251
DAC: IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+
Network: ethernet
Type of account
Volumio: Free
Spotify: Premium

Hello, that’s almost perfect :slight_smile:
The first thing you might want to emphasis is that to install the plugin, the password must be “volumio”

Then everything is working fine when streaming from my spotify app from phone but when using spotify from the volumio web interface, the spotify playlists stop after each songs. The interface still shows the “pause” button, like if it is still playing but it stays at the start of the song it just played and doesn’t go to the next song.

Didn’t Volumio mention this in the starting topic?

yes, but I personally change the password as soon as everything is working. So when I tried to install the plugin, as “volumio” is hard coded as password in the plugin install script, it fails.
But maybe that’s only my concern :slight_smile:

Unfortunately today I had another problem. Until I first start a song through the volumio web interface, my spotify app on the phone wouldn’t display the volumio device as an output. I restarted volumio, the plugin, the spotify app multiple times in most order with no luck. But as soon as I launch a song from the olumio web interface, the phone was able to connect. very strange…

1 Like

Update.

Thanks a lot guys, for your feedbacks and hints. I’ve updated the Plugin, and hopefully it’s now ready for prime time. I kindly ask you another round of feedbacks before publishing it.

What was fixed:

• Fixed stopping between tracks
  • Unavailable tracks are not shown
  • Show bitrate and bitdepth
  • Show metadata when a connect session starts
  • Fix issue with API endpoint preventing playback in random occasions

To test it:

• Uninstall Spotify Plugin
  • Reboot your device
  • Type
rm -rf /home/volumio/volumio-plugins-sources/
  • install it as detailed at the beginning of the post.

If you want to show appreciation for the work we’ve put into this plugin (and Volumio in general) please consider subscribing to our premium plan. Not only you show us that you canre, but you get a lot of awesome features that you can use with spotify (for example multiroom synced playback from Spotify Connect, and nice metadata showing on the manifest UI)

5 Likes

I can confirm this same behavior is occurring when I look for Volumio on my Android mobile via Spotify app. I can do it from the Windows 10 OS Spotify app, but not from my Android. I will have to wait for an iphone to see if the experience is the same from another mobile OS. I should be able to test with IOS this evening, will update this reply with my results.

Adding: I can confirm that with the new Spotify plugin update, I am no longer able to connect to Volumio from Android or IOS - it does not see the Volumio device on my network. I have nothing fancy going on with my home network config, am using a TP-Link AC5400.

1 Like

You posted this around the same time that I installed the beta :laughing:. I’m not sure which version I got, but I’m uninstalling and re-installing just for good measure. So far though, everything seemed to be working correctly. Thanks so much for your hard work on this!

1 Like

So far so good on my Spotify playlist continuing playback with the queue. I will leave this 12 hour playlist running all day to test long term integrity of playback. I am still unable to see Volumio via Spotify app on my Android mobile, but I note that isn’t listed as something addressed in this update.

Worth noting, as I followed the initial instructions to reinstall the plugin, I received a message after entering the first line that the directory already existed. What I did to rectify was AFTER entering the second line to change directory, I went back and entered the first line and the new plugin files downloaded successfully. Then I ran the 3rd line to complete the install, rebooted and enabled the plugin from Volumio plugins section. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the hard work you are putting into this. THANK YOU!!!

Adding: As I noted in another post, Spotify playlists are limited to 100 songs total - I was not able to test the full 12hr playlist today as a result. On the plus side, I started another round of my 100 song limited Spotify playlist, and it is about an hour out from completing. I have put the playlist on repeat to see if that functionality is successful when the playlist is done in full. Will update once it finishes and hopefully starts over playing the queue.

With the updated plugin, now it works as expected. The only issue that I have is the meter needles on PeppyMeter still don’t move. Great job Michael!

Hardware: Asus TBS
Software: Volumio 3.301
DAC: Topping D90mqa

no problem here with the latest spotify beta and peppymeter the needle moves perfectly.

Hardware: raspbery pi 4
Dac: khadas tone1, on hardware mixer.
Software: 3.251

1 Like

The latest beta works great
Thanks

Model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro via wifi
Volumio Premium 3.251

With today’s update the next track USUALLY starts automatically, but occasionally still stops. I can’t really say any specific behaviour leads to this, as it seems a bit random. At least it works most of the time, so a big improvement. I’ll keep on testing to see if I can identify what the trigger is.

All other fixes working, including bitrate displayed.

EDIT: ‘My albums’ and ‘My playlists’ match what I have in the library of my Spotify app, but ‘My Top Artists’ does not show what I see the artists section of my Spotify library.

EDIT2: the weird behaviour was when I played a playlist via the Spotify app and then, whilst that was still playing, went into the new Volumio Spotify plugin and tried to play a different playlist. Jumps between the 2 playlists a bit and then plays the one via Volumio, but then doesn’t go to next track.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/mQnEbCD.html

If you drop your connection from the Spotify app, does the Volumio Spotify playlist do anything different? Try dropping the connection before AND after you switch the source and see what happens.

1 Like

raspberry pi 4 8gb
Geekpi DAC
wireless 2.4ghz connection
Volumio 3.251 Premium
Spotify Premium

When I try to add a Spotify playlist to a Volumio playlist (for alarm purposes), none of the songs show up in the playlist. I can add the songs manually, OR I can start playing the playlist and go to the queue and add them to the Volumio playlist successfully. But there is a break in Spotify playlist to Volumio playlist adds. Low hanging fruit, but definitely a bug! :slight_smile:

Adding: Spotify playlists in Volumio only show the first 100 songs and not the full playlist available from the Spotify app.

Raspberry pi 3b+
Volumio 3.301
No DAC (dont kill me pls)
wireless 5ghz connection
Spotify premium

I found some issues when trying to remote control spotify on volumio from another device with the spotify app (android and windows app).
Steps to repoduce:

• Start playing a playlist from the spotify plugin
  • Try skip, play/pause, go back buttons in the remote device app → The song started from the begining every time
  • Loop and shuffel control buttons dont do anything, if clicked in the remote device app
  • Adding a song to the queue from the remote device app works for the audio (song starts playing in the plugin as it should), but the interface freezes, it will still show the song that played before the one that was added remotely. That remained true for the following songs as well and could be broken by pressing skip in the plugin overlay.

Apart from these small inconveniences, eveything is working perfectly fine so far.

Hi,

Raspberry pi 3b+
Volumio 3.301
No DAC
wired connection
volumio free
Spotify premium

Can’t play from the pluging directly, it populates the queue but doesn’t play any song. It can play from the spotify app via air play.

logs here:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/e9IM0KE.html

Thanks for the great work!

raspberry pi 4 8gb
Geekpi DAC
wireless 2.4ghz connection
Volumio 3.251 Premium
Spotify Premium

Moving from Spotify Volumio interface to a network connected Win10 OS Spotify app, once the PC app takes control, the display in Volumio interface of artist and album is incorrect and still displays the last song played from the initial Volumio interface played item. The song and playlist continue to play, but Volumio interface does not display the new media info

@volumio

• rPi4-8GB rev 1.4
  • V3.251
  • NAD D3045
  • Superstar
  • No volume control used, as I use my amplifier for it. So output set to 100%

The plugin through Volumio works great. thanks for the fast sprint getting this up and running again.

The only issues I’ve found are with Spotify Connect.
If volumio is playing from Spotify and I use the Spotify app on my iPhone and output to Volumio, Volumio gets confused. The previous playlist stops, but with the info received from the iPhone it start skipping tracks like crazy. After 10-30 tracks it’s stabilizes again. But then the showed Album art , title and Artist are incorrect.
After stopping the iPhone app, Volumio tries to continue with the previous loaded playlist and the skipping starts again. Also after 10-30 tracks it stabilizes again. In this case showed Album art , title and Artist are correct
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/JOefDFp.html

behavior is easy to reproduce, even without using Spotify Connect feature:

• Load a Spotify playlist
  • Press Play
  • Restart Volumio
  • Open the cached Spotify playlist
  • Press Play

Volumio for Raspberry Pi (5.10.92+ armv6l) Version 3.2.51
Same as the first version:

-Soptify login OK
-Can select spotify playlist and add it to queue
-Play/pause status not change when click.
-User interface still not working, song time never updated. If refresh web browser shows the new time but not updated it. When click in the volume the play time is updated.
-Don’t play next track, when update user interface still in the same song and playing time is bigger than song time.

1 Like