New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

If you keep adding your views here, people will just say your complaining/whining…

The plugin doesn’t work for many, but looks like the devs are back from vacation, but busy working on other stuff…

1 Like

I do think you are completely wrong…
But please, give me the list of ‘lot of’ broken plugins published as stable … I’m curious

love your DSP plugin, it works like charm for me and I know that you are the band genious. Could you have a look at Spotify plugin ? 2 hours of work for you !!
My today’s issues are with Spotify plugin, dlna/UPnP renderer (official not plugin) that doesn’t work well and regression with LMS plugin. I made the effort to report everything with logs. I don’t care of things working that I don’t use sorry. I’m far from the satisfaction I could expect from a 600 euros purchase and I don’t understand why people find the situation acceptable at volumio.
… and I don’t like the forum, please use phpbb or Invision board here things are always difficult to find :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

of course I’m complaining, I’m french. But I’m also sharing, reporting and trying to find solutions before selling my unit and come back to moode on allo stuff

1 Like

After 24 hours since last Spotify playlist was played (currently playing source:mpd). Tried to browse Spotify playlists in volumio (not using Spotify Connect), get token renewal error. see below. The only way to successfully re-enable is to reboot. Disable/Enable plugin and “volumio vrestart” do not renew the token.

• Version of Volumio: 3.324
  • Spotify Version 3.0.6
  • Hw audio configured: DigiHug USB Audio
  • Model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Starting Live Log…
info: [ASDebug] CurState: play PrevState: play
info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system enableLiveLog false
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , enableLiveLog
info: Launching a new LiveLog session
info: Live Log process terminated: null
info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system enableLiveLog true
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , enableLiveLog
info: Launching a new LiveLog session
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: spop , handleBrowseUri
info: In handleBrowseUri, curUri=spotify
info: Renewing Access Token via Daemon
info: Renewing Access Token via Daemon
error: Failed to refresh Token: Timeout

2 Likes

Guys, even if we are silent, we hear you.

And, I promised: we won’t stop until this is perfect.

The current situation is:

• We noticed a big degradation in spotify and librespot performance lately, probably due to some changes on Spotify level.
  • The solution to this is to update to a newer librespot version
  • To do that, we must wait for some updates on librespot end and change the plugin accordingly. This mainly for the communication between the plugin and librespot, and how the authentication works.
  • Good news is that this week we saw some promising updates on librespot end, so it looks like the above can start soon

Will update you as soon as we have some news

9 Likes

Really good news.

I don’t know the reason why it is already working for me in a more or less acceptable way since v3.0.6 of the plugin - but good for the ones where it appearently doesn’t.

Thank you so much - it’s important

BR
Josef

ok - i think i should explain what i mean with “more ore less acceptable”

with v3.0.6 there was a workaround involved, that removed the ability to stear the volume from spotify connect sessions - but since that there did not happen any "superloud event ". Volume control from the Volumio UI is working well - for me good enough for the time.

Strange behavior when starting albums and playlists from the UI did still happen,but since the sound quality of the connect feature is ok now - i just didn’t use it from the UI for the time until this can be fixed.

Also this missing “impagination feature” in the UI which is limiting to 100 songs is still a missing functionality if you want to listen to a good playlist with more than this amount of titles.

Best Regards
Josef

Just installed latest Volumio (Volumio-3.324-2022-07-11-pi.zip) and 3.0.6 Spotify plugin. Whenever I play a song it plays for 1-2 seconds and stops. If I reboot the the device it will play once (sometimes stopping once) but if I try to play a different song or pause I am back to only playing for 1-2 seconds. It sounds great when it works but having to reboot is less than ideal. BTW, this happens when I initiate play from an iPhone Spotify client. I have not done much testing straight from Volumio client but I can say that the Volumio client displays same behavior once this starts happening in Spotify client.

Awesome thanks for the update and looking forward to the next version. Standing by ready to help test as soon as you are ready!

Thanks again for all the hard work and keeping us posted!!

Tried deleting the spotify and reinstalling plugin but same behavior. If I use Volumio client I get different behavior. Instead, when the song stops after two seconds it moves to next song in playlist.

Tried updating Spotify client and the problem has gone away.

1 Like

I have all the latest plug ins and SW release running on a Pi. Spotify will only play the first song on an album or playlist then uncontrollably skips through the play list hitting each song in random order for a split second. Tried re boots, uninstalled-reinstalled to no avail, issue persists.

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm the same is happening with me with the latest plugin and SW.

Thanks for your work on this.

Steve
UK

Sam for me.

same problem here. With spotify connect everything works fine.

1 Like

Hi there, been using your product for a couple of years now and the recent Version 3 broke everything. I’ve now got my USB drive recognized again, but Spotify disappeared. I see the note about manually installing this plugin, but when I try to run the “git clone https://” command, I get a prompt for a Username and pwd at the https://github.com address you give.

Any advice?

RP3
volumio v 3.378
hifiberry dac+ wired connection
free account

Thx, K

1 Like

Don’t install manually.

1. Uninstall any current version
  2. Reboot
  3. Install via the plugins interface spotify 3.0.6
  4. Enable the plugin
  5. Log into Spotify from the Spotify plugin settings page
  6. Reboot

Spotify should now work. Try that, and report back. Sorry for all the reboots, it seems to work reliably if followed. If you still have problems, post back

2 Likes

same problem here, 3.06, and it skips , works also fine with Connect from my phone

I stop to use volumio, it’s not possible to play correctly with spotify…

2 Likes