New User from Toronto, Ontario, Canada Aread

Hello, from Toronto Ontario Canada area.

I am a 40+ year Audiophile who has enjoyed a dedicated Audio Room (no video, just audio gear, a little room treatment and a chair) for my listening pleasure. For the last 15 years I have kept my digital music on my server in lossless format (not sure of size but it is about 36 days of music) while using a Linux (presently Ubuntu Studio) computer and Rhythmbox (it was one of the few touting gap-less playback at the time). And due to inertia and my laziness have never tried anything else as it worked and met my needs (however I an not sure it was bit perfect).

So my Audiophile Friend convinced me to buy the Topping D10B and I decided to try Volumio on a Pi4 and so far I love it. I love that it touts bit perfect playback which seems to be a dirty secret on regular Linux, Windows and Apple.

The one thing I do miss (and use a lot) is shuffle play of my entire collection. I read about putting it in a play list but it slows things down. I may try this at some point.

Also, I would love to port my 15 years of play lists from Rhythm box so I will continue to search this and figure it out.

Finally, thank you to all those involved in volumio as listening to music is a big part of my life!

P.S.- Any one in the greater Niagara Region interested in talking and showing off their Audio Gear?

Regards,
Steve

Hello Steve, I was born in St.Catharines but now live in the Caledon area just N W of Toronto.
Always interested in fellow audiophiles maybe to brag maybe to be envious haha in comparing systems. But always wanting to learn.

Mike
Theluggg@gmail.com

Hello, just moved to Caledon from Brampton. Getting my audio gear setup. Having trouble with the latest Volumio update , older version is fine.

Merv.

Hello Merv, can you provide more detail so someone can help.
What are you running Volumio on?
What is the trouble exactly?
Did it break during or after update?
Is wifi setup in your new place and is Volumio on that new network?

Hi Simon, Thanks for inquiring. I finally got it going ,late last night. After burning the update to SD card, the hotspot would show up , but i couldn’t connect using volumio.local. i tried its IP address instead and it worked. After switching to my home WIFI in the settings, then all worked as expected.
Now the Pi Zero i’m using is over a couple of years old and seems slow in handling the GUI, i’m going to switch to a newer version/hardware and see if it helps. Thanks.

Persistence pays! Glad you got it working.

:joy: Yes. I scan the forums and if no one else is having issues , then it should work for me as well, is my approach. Cheers.