New Libarary view "Recently added"

still no progress on this feature?

I’ve recently installed Volumio 2 on a Raspberry Pi 4 and I’m very happy with it – great stuff! An ability to browse by year or have smart playlists based on release year or recently added to the library is the only thing I’m missing. I buy recently released music quite frequently so I like to browse my library by release year, reverse chron. If the devs read this, is there any chance of this functionality coming in Volumio 3 or otherwise? Or should I start trying to hack a plugin together myself? Thanks for all your work!

I know that the team is probably busy working on v3 but this feature has been promised for 5 years already :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feb 2023 and still no sign of this feature! If I had the skills, I’d make the plugin for this myself, i.e. at /browse there could be a “Recently Added in Library” … or to be more efficient in the existing “Albums” section, you would be able to sort by “Date Added” as well as the default A-Z order. Any Volumio dev or admin reading this, could you say if this is in the backlog - and if so, when might it come? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1, please added newest album added view option

+1, a nice to have feature :wink:

1000% A needed feature imo.

1 Like

Hi Volumio,

you wrote in oct’19 it would be in your roadmap, can you please give a short info when the feature will be realized… THANK YOU
This feature would make Volumio near perfect in my eyes… :smiley:

Thank you for your work!!!

1 Like