New install but Spotify missing

Hi,
I have searched the forums and found many problems with Spotify. After installing multiple times and rebooting, installing the top plugin (not Spotify connect) just doesn’t show up in the menu. I can’t figure out how to access it. Radio Paradise shows up, but not Spotify.
Thanks,
Steve

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.0
Hardware: Pi Zero
DAC: USB Audio

Have you entered your credentials in the plugin settings? And the last step of validation?

Hi,
Thank for your reply. I just checked again and I found the “Installed Plugins” tab, which I didn’t realize was where you configure them. So I go to enter my credentials, and then it kicks me back. Five times I entered my password and it rejected it (or some other error that I don’t know how to see.) I double checked on the web site and yes, it works fine there. I don’t know why it won’t work in Volumio.
Thanks,
Steve

Is there anyone else having this problem? I tried two different Pis but it still says ‘invalid user/pass’ but those work EVERYWHERE ELSE … What can you do?

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY conquered the Spotify problem. After tests on Pi Zeros, 3Bs, and 4s, I finally figured it out on a Pi Zero, of all hardware. It turns out that when inputting your credentials in the plugin settings, at least in every install I had, the /etc/spopd.conf file did not have them. They were left bank. So obviously it errored to “check your password.” On a fresh install I installed the Spotify plugin, then went to the plugin settings. But, before I did anything, I edited /etc/spopd.conf with my info. Then I pressed Confirm (or whatever the check button is called.) And then, I got a nice green message that said I was active and the plugin now works. It’s really nice to be able run it fully now.
Regards,
Steve

Glad you’re sorted Steve. No idea what was going on ;).