NAS Mounts

I find it quite strange that mount issues have been raised again and again, both in Volumio and RaspyFi. Is it not possible to 1: fix these issues in the next release, 2: place some sticky threads showing how to mount a NAS, and make the mount permanent. There seem to be a number of people in the forum struggling with this, and there seems to be much duplication of effort which could be solved with a clear and comprehensive sticky/ wiki, which would then allow posters to add value in different areas.
Apologies if this seems a bit of a rant, but I am finding trawling through this and other linux forums trying to find solutions for things which have already (hopefully) been solved a little tedious.
When it is working, I love Volumio. I have a usb: spdif converter attached to my pi feeding my Beresford 7520, as well as a Behringer UCA202 connected via usb, to my pre hdmi hifi through which my FLACs sound great.
Keep up the good work!

I complete agree with Pete :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What we need is a very clear manual (by using Putty) to mount a NAS and more important, that it also keeps mounted after a reboot.

The last is the great issue at this moment.

I also hope that the new release of Volumio will come soon, so we only can enjoy :unamused:

The GUI definitely needs to be expanded to allow people to mount using cifs-utils.

If you keep losing the mount I would suggest using Crontab to mount the drive every hour (it won’t do any harm running the code if the drive is already mounted).