Nanosound one newbie

This is a community forum, for support specifically with myVolumio, email techsupport at volumio dot org!

Comlpete newbie...I am considering getting a nano mesher, nanosound one, rpi4 with dac ,case, cd ripping and upsampling and storage kit......os will be volumio......but.....I only have wi fi from an xfinity hot spot near my apartment.........I don' t have a network or ethernet in my apartment.......can I login to wifi on my i mac, connect the nano one rpi/ dac by usb....and then go rca out to my amp...........????....I am a bit lost....and no one responds to any of my questions on the nanomesher site.........I feel I might really be misunderstanding connectivity and function issues......and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.thanks in advance, Gary

Hi,

No, you’re not lost :grinning:

Volumio does offer a WiFi Hotspot to which you can connect for configuration.

Are you able, with the described setup, to connect to other networked devices you use ? e.g. mobile device to your laptop or tablet ?

br
Josef

Yes…I am close enough inside the apartment to the xfinity hot spot, that I pay 35.00 per month, and I can connect my imac…my daughter’ s mac book…and 3 mobile phones…I don’ t use tidal or Qboz…I use spotify on my phone, and bluetooth stream to my onkyo amp…I am about to get Audirvana…and try to organize all my music files…and then rip my cds…somewhere I got the idea I need a streamer, and an rpi seems to fit my budget…but I don’ t really understand what I am doing!!!

Best you start here:
https://volumio.github.io/docs/

1 Like