Do you think that an Artificial Intelligence Voice Assistance will be cool on MyVolumio?
- YES, go along and do it!
- NO, I can’t bother less
Dear Volumio people!
As anticipated last week, we are really happy to announce a new partnership to develop what we think is a super cool addition to MyVolumio: a Voice Controlled assistant powered by Artifical Intelligence to control Volumio!
To quote from the original Announcement made at World Summit AI 2018 in Amsterdam:
So, as you can see, there are some great news here:
- Cloud Constable will develop an AI Voice Assistant and integrate it into MyVolumio
- It will be available to MyVolumio users with a paid plan (as a free addition until sometimes next spring)
- We look forward to make something which makes sense for music lovers, so the community contribution is a vital part of this new adventure.
Our idea is fairly simple: add a voice control facility to Volumio’s UI which will allow you to do things like “Volumio, play Tom Wait’s last album” or “Volumio stop” or again “Volumio mute”.
Now, before committing to this project we really want to get the opinion of you guys on this:
Is this something you want to be integrated in MyVolumio?
Is this something that can make your listening experience better?
Do you have some ideas for cool things that you see this technology will enable you to do?
Let us know!
- No always on voice assistant (maybe selectable via a button on the UI?)
- Evaluate the chance of integrating existing voice controls like Alexa or Siri
- A good feature is understanding musical tastes to offer recommendations