My Volumio DAC project

Jago

your project is perfect.

you can show me more photos to see how I do it, and I was impressed by your preamp tube project
how do I do it?

regards

My DIY amp is based on this project:
diyaudioprojects.com/Solid/12AU7 … 7-Headamp/
I have modified tho original PCB for best placed big capacitors. Tilt Mosfet for add heatsinks and I change some component value (inner and outer decoupling capacitor).
Great sound, especially with >150 ohm headphones impedance.
I post you some picture… Bye
HeadAmp_0003.jpg
HeadAmp_0000.jpg
HeadAmp_0001.jpg

Internal parts
HeadAmp_0004.jpg

1 Like

Jago

which all the components of your custom system?

regards

Hello. here my audio system… All Hand made MDF wood (DIY)
You can see a picture at page 2 of this topic

• Soundspeaker Cyburgs Needle with TangBand W3-871 drivers
  • CD Player, DAC TDA 1543 x 4 and remote control RC5 with PIC chip
  • Preamp / input selector Bride of Zen (Nelson Pass) 1 Mosfet technology / Encoder and relay select.
  • Amp Gainclone LM3886 chip with volume remote control
  • Liquid Music Player (Volumio + Sabre DAC Audiophonics + Raspberry 3)
  • Headphone Amp Hybrid Mosfet + Tube

Total White…

Bye

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxddEF … sp=sharing

1 Like

Just GORGEOUS !!!

Bravo for the conception woof work…

Bra-Vo !

Woooowwwww, incredible work!!!

I’ve been thinking about transforming an old Pioneer, but seeing your work … It’s great!!!

Wow wonderful job!

Have you some details about the DAC streamer? I mean about wiring, power supply, etc. Did you split the ps for the Raspy and the DAC board?
thanks

Andrea (from Italy)

For completness, here a draft (and maybe wrong) of the connections that I’d like to have in my project…
Schema collegamenti.jpg

Looks amazing. Do you have a router for the cut outs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For the cuts I use a cheap router. You can see his photo in previous posts. I draw a template on paper (adding the offset dimension of the router tool). I glue it on a 5mm wooden sheet. After I cut out the inner part, use it as a template for the router.
It is more difficult to explain than done…
router.jpg

This is the draw of my wood template
Fronte_White DAC_1v copia.jpg

This is wonderful work. Do you post all your builds on the internet someone such as web-page or another forum?

Best DIY I’ve ever seen!!! … BY FAR!!! Not only execution but also designwise … just aaaaaaaaaawsome!!!

Thanks so much for compliments…! :wink:
Unfortunately I don’t have a website where upload other images. :confused:

Hi Jago,

My congratulations. Your hi-fi has a wonderful design. Before reading your post, I have to admit, the only router I know was the one to connect to the internet. :smiley:

The round corner of all of your cases, the steel feet, the black and white color combination gives a really nice looking.

I can see that, even using bricolage tools in your garage, you seem to master quite well woodwork.
Not something that anybody can do. Some practice and experience is required.

I have few questions:
Did you create the round corner using the router?
For the CD player and pre-amp have you build them buying components and assembling them into your cases?

Regards,
Alberto

Ciao Andrea…
For round corner i use a homemade router table (toupie), on foto you can see the tool for round corner. My DIY toupie is very useful…

For the other question, I never bought kit or other. Make our circuits and PCB is a part of the fun… :smiley: .
I reuse sometime switching PSU for NO AUDIO SERVICE (only for led, remote receiver or relays). In my preamp (BOZ) you can see in right corner PSU for LED. RIAA preamp (left wall in photo), Relays board with encoder, Mosfet preamp are homemade.
In my CD Player all PCB are homemade: DAC, CD IDE interface, DAC supply and antibump…
Even remote are homemade, I have a lot o fun to build them…
That’s all :wink:
pre_BOZ_NelsonPass.jpg
My_remote.jpg
Diy_Router_table.jpg

Other photo

Bye bye, Maurizio
Retro_Pre.jpg
Telecomadofoto.jpg
Router_table_sopra.jpg

1 Like

You seriously got some golden hands, mate! The simplicity it radiates is just breath taking! Kudos to you sir.

Did you order some printing for the input labels, both the front with the led behind the selector and the neatly print back plate with the cinch inputs?
Just love it!

You have a serious creative mind, those remotes… gorgeous, they’re the convertible variant of traditional remotes.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you Sayato,
maybe I forgot to tell you that I’m a graphic designer (for school books), it’s very easy to create the graphical interface on my Mac. The front part is a photolithographic film (for the old offset printing system) behind a darkgrey plexiglass, the back is printed on glossy photographic paper with an inkjet and coupled with a white plexiglass.
The simple things are the best!
Audio, electronics and woodworking are a pastime for me …
Bye Bye :wink: