My version of Volumio streamer with Waveshare 7.9" touchscreen

Built-in LPS and added galvanic isolation for the USB interface

10 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

Fantastic, congratulations, it looks great, could you provide a list of components? I’ve been wanting to assemble something similar for a long time, thanks…

1 Like

That’s a great design and beautifully engineered.

2 Likes

Thanks. What kind of components list are you looking for? I don’t have a module level list but I do have a very low level part list (resistors, caps, inductors, etc)

beyond the hardware part it would be nice to know the software part:

1. changes made to config and userconfig of rpi (3 or 4?)
  2. that any changes made as display driver
  3. what changes have been made to the peppymeter folders to insert the 1280x400 skins
    Thanks bye

I am really curious how the screenshots raised your question in regards to peppy_meter?
The only picture that shows the screen is the “now playing” plugin.

1 Like

you are right, i assumed that peppymeter was the only great product, sorry i assumed that but maybe i was wrong,
So it would be interesting to know if it’s just volumio

To be honest, I think all plugins are great pieces of work. Created by a great team of community users in their free time and shared free of charge :smile:

4 Likes

That’s rather nice.
Where did you get the power & transformer boards from?

1. append the touchscreen config to /boot/config.txt. More info can be found from the official website:
    https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7.9inch_HDMI_LCD
  2. see #1 above
  3. no peppymeter used

the power transformer was tailor made by a factory in China. It has a shielding on the primary winding. The LPS board was built around the case and Pi 4 (by myself). It uses a CLC filtering, a TL431 as a precise voltage reference, a LM1084 as the large current low dropout regulator.

2 Likes

We (my family) have 5 streamers from Vincent, beautifully engineered. Sound amazing, DAC dependant, they have a mixture of allo boss and iaudioq DACs running volumio, picore or max2play.

I built them, Vincent’s help and guidance is amazing with both the build and software.

1 Like

HI,

Wow… That looks really nice !

It has already been asked, but could you provide a list of hardware used for the case and maybe for the internal thingies…

Do you sell those in kits ? If so, where can I find one ? Because that looks like something I am looking for, but everything I tried so far was flawed :frowning:

Also, I would have a question. Would it possible to add output for a headphone jack ?
At the front or at the back.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Thanks.
The part list is down to components level which may not be very useful to you. As the case is very compact, I don’t think it’s possible to add a headphone jack at the front, but it’s OK to add one at the back.
What did you mean by “flawed”? Can I know what you’ve tried so far?

1 Like

Expandable D-type headphone jack at the back

Hi Vincent,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

If that could have a dedicated headphone jack that could be used (provided the output por is sufficient) that would be more or less exactly what I would be looking for :wink:

So far I have tried some of the so called “all-in-one” products (streamer + DAC + headphone amp + Pre-amp + power amplifier).
I tried the Bluesound Note. Decent device but with poor headphone amplifier and horrible software (the most overrated softwxare I’ve ever heard of).
I tried the Shanling EA5. Magnificent hardware. Superb sound. Brilliant ideas. But that is all spoiled by the almost unusable software :frowning:

So a solution like yours, powered by Volumio (or moOde or anything else) would be nice.

Regards.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Personally haven’t tried other OS so can’t comment on them. But frankly speaking Raspberry Pi is very versatile and supported by many OS which makes it very useful.
Try not to violate the rules so I posted it in the marketplace: