Multiroom audio

HI

Did you get this working? I would love to know how. Surely it should just work as its a native paid for option.

Yes, it works now, but for my use case it still has one problem. Only the main instance shows (and exposes to home assistant) its’s status as playing, which means my automations for amp control don’t work in case of multiroom playback.

ok i have HA running, i also got multiroom running, not a great interface, turns out i was doing it wrong.

i will see what i can do with HA

I assume i only want one instance of volumio exposed to HA, the mixer as it were. I bet the missing function is the add/remove of remote players.

Edit:

Spot on I can see the mixer and control its input, but there is no menu for the multiroom groups.

I believe you need to use the Volumio app for multiroom grouping; at least I don’t know to do it in HA. I mostly use HA for voice control (play, pause, volume, next song) and amp integration, for multiroom, source/playlist I am using the Volumio app.

I suppose we need to submit a feature request for the multiroom features to be added to be added.

I’ve also noticed that the remote device in the group shows as idle when playing music from another source.