Multi Room problems....

I have two copies of Volumio running. Using the GUI, both are ‘seen’ on the multi room ‘bar’ at the bottom of the screen - but when selecting the second Volumio the screen darkens, the progress bar increases from left to right, the circular icon rotates but that’s are far as it goes. No connection to the second Volumio.
Am I missing something? I have had this working in the distant past.
I use the GPIO buttons plugin on both along with LCDproc for the displays.
Any help gratefully received!

More details please. What Volumio versions are you using? Are these new or old installations? Anything else that you have added?

Sorry, should have said…
Both running latest update on a RPi B+ and a 3.
Both have GPIO running, LCDproc and LIRC.

Can you send a log please? Reboot the device that you are going to send the log from, attempt to switch to the other device with the multi-room bar, and then send the log AFTER it fails to connect to the other device.

Do both devices work ok when you access them directly by IP address?

Log sent (I hope!). Both machines respond to their own IP. Both are running wirelessly.

Can you post the link to the log please?

Sorry, new to this log sending business!

logs.volumio.org/volumio/8saOr0P.html

Can you disable LCDproc and see if you have the same problem (connect via a browser).

A sorry, called away. Will look tonight. Is it best to not load LCDproc or just not call it?

I’ve tried all sorts but just going round in circles.

I’ll try with two new installs and keep checking after each addition.

Many thanks for your help so far, will report back in the near future (after a rainy day!)

Latest…
Two new standard flashes of Volumio (except for the Generic I2s DAC driver installed on each).
Still the same problem with the multi room swapping.
I named the Copies of Volumio testa and testb.
Noticing that they appeared as TESTA and TESTB on the multi room bar I renamed them TESTA and TESTB.
The problem still exists.
When viewing the web browser for TESTA, the album art for it is displayed in the multi room bar but there is a question mark for the TESTB artwork. This is the same when viewing the web browser for TESTB (TESTB artwork displayed but a question mark for TESTA).
Thinking that it could possibly be a wifi adaptor problem I hard wired the PiB to the network. No help.
Log sent.
logs.volumio.org/volumio/a0EsxG6.html

Hope this makes sense.

Jul 15 07:02:31 testb volumio[867]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: multiroom , getMultiroom Jul 15 07:02:31 testb volumio[867]: Plugin multiroom or method getMultiroom not found … but I see these in logs on my own devices, which are working fine.

I see that you have several plugins installed. Have you tested the multiroom issue on a totally clean flash of Volumio with no plugins added?

P.S. Don’t mess around with the network settings manually, you’ll cause yourself problems.

It was a fresh copy of Volumio. No plugins installed by me, none showing on my Plugin menu. The only thing added is the Generic I2s DAC driver.

Not sure why the logs show plugins. I’ll take my Volumio(s) to a colleague and I’ll try them with some different hardware.
Will report back.

There are “internal plugins” too. I’m out of solutions now other than, as you’re about to do, trying in a different network.

Hi,

I have the same Problem, but i am not that deep into Linux :slight_smile:
I run Volumio in the bedroom (hostname “bed”) an one with a Screen in the livingroom (hostname “screen”. (just call it by hostnames bed/screen)
Everytime i am on the “screen” and i click the multiroomdevice “bed” it works fine. when i want to go back to “screen” i see the progressbar running and the loading circle on the dimmed background.
only solution is to restart the “screen” to get the UI back.

bed:
RP1 with HiFiBerry DAC
Plugins:

• Spotify

screen:
RP3 with RP 7" Display
Plugins:

• Spotify
  • Touch Display

Tried Solutions:

• reflashing both RP with the latest Volumio 2.502 (even without any Plugin) --> same Problem
  • Using different Web Browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) --> same Problem

I hope there is a Solution out there.

These log entries your seeing may not be the actual problem with the multiroom stuff - github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/1646

I thought that was what I said, but perhaps not explicitly enough.