mpdlisten: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed: Address already in

I cannot access volumio sometimes, the browser keeps loading and sometimes it just works.
Every raspberry boot I got this warnings:

Error opening /dev/input/event* no such file or dir
cat /run/player_wrk.pid no such file or dir

[…] Starting Music Player Daemon: mpdlisten: bind to ‘0.0.0.0:6600’ failed: Address already in use (continuing anyway, because binding to ‘[::]:6600’ succeeded)
. ok

when I type wget localhost (at rpi) it hangs forever

If I stop mpd service the web interface loads OK, but I couldn’t add music to it, the NAS folder was added successfully - I can see it in /mnt - but no music is added to the webUI after the ‘updating mpd database’…

I’m really excited with this project, mostly because it cares about audio quality and the web interface (I’m a webdeve and the UI is totally usable from my cheap smartphone).
Thanks for everything.

ps:
pi@volumio:~$ sudo lsof -i :6600
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
php5-fpm 2868 www-data 4u IPv4 5471 0t0 TCP localhost:33261->localhost:6600 (ESTABLISHED)
mpd 3111 mpd 5u IPv6 5378 0t0 TCP *:6600 (LISTEN)

The error messages you see are ok…

Let’s try this

/etc/init.d/mpd restart

then update the database, and wait for it to finish. To avoid strange situations, just stop the playback before turning Pi off.
Let me know!

I did restart mpd many times. Actually that was the only way to access the gui, which is very inconsistent. I couldn’t understand why sometimes the restart/stop makes it work.

The times where everything seemed to be OK, the update db button did nothing, a few seconds loading, no added musics.

I would give ssh access to any interested in the case but I’m behind a locked router.
Thanks for your attention.

Mmm… for me it sounds more like SD card on end of the life :frowning:

Same issue here… Exactly the same, because doing /etc/init.d/mpd restart fixes the situation just sometimes.

So when I can’t access the NAS and updating DB does not work, I just to a reboot :confused:

I don’t think so… what makes you think that?

But have you ever successfully played anything through NAS?

Yep.

It actually works fine. But for some reason, let’s say when I try to play a radio station and won’t charge correctly, I have to restart mpd using the process described

Right now, the only way to ‘wallk’ in the webUI is restarting mpd, every restart is a action completed. weird

I just did a sudo apt-get --reinstall install mpd and everything seems to be working just perfect.
I’m playing one of the synced musics, I guess it will take a while to read them all…

I just changed the buffer size and mpd never came back from restart. I did it manually (sudo /etc/init.d/mpd start) but the loaded audios are gone. It was about 2 hours of update…
Is there any way to force save the process? I think it will take forever to index 90bg of music.

Maybe something is wrong with your configuration files.
I had these problems too after fiddling with /var/www/inc/player_lib.php and messing something up.
These messages during boot:

cat /run/player_wrk.pid no such file or dir [....] Starting Music Player Daemon: mpdlisten: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed: Address already in use (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded) . ok And I could not access the web interface.
I found the error in that php file (my own fault), and these problems went away.