Mounting My NAS

Hello.

I’m having difficulty mounting my NAS. I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing. Can someone tell me exactly what I am supposed to type in all of the fields that are in the mounting of the NAS. The error messages I am getting are all like “mount: mount point /mnt/NAS/Seagate-3F8985 does not exist”

My entry looks like this

Source Name “Seagate-3F8985”
fileshare protocol “SMB/CIFS”
IP Address (I’ve entered the IP address of my NAS)
remote directory “Public/Music”
Username (my login for the NAS)
Password (my password for the NAS)

I’m sorry if this problem is basic. I have been trying for 2 nights with no luck.

Try with

Source Name “Seagate”
fileshare protocol “SMB/CIFS”
IP Address (I’ve entered the IP address of my NAS)
remote directory “Public/Music”
Username (my login for the NAS)
Password (my password for the NAS)

The error is very likely to be produced by the name Seagate-3F8985, this field is just for your naming convenience, so doesn’t really matter how you call it, but the - is not acceptable as a folder name.
Let me know ! :wink:

That does not work either. I have tried on my laptop and android device with no luck. Any other ideas?

Thanks

The error message is “mount.nfs: mount point /mnt/NAS/Seagate does not exist”

I was able to find the cause of my problem. I had installed 1.2Beta on my Pi. I deleted this and installed 1.1 and it worked right away.

Although I am considering trying xbmc instead (if high resolution files are supported). The UI does not allow me to select an album/track and play. It has to be played through a playlist. I am not keen on the idea of running playlists. We will see I suppose. The project is very good but it may not suit my own needs and I thought you might like the feedback.

Thanks again.

I just ran in to the same problem when trying to the the UI to configure the NFS mount. I’m running the latest 1.4beta with a rPi B+. For some reason, the backend code isn’t able to create the target directory in /mnt/NAS/, so the mount fails.

Workaround:

1. Get to the point in the process wehere you have defined the mount point using the Volumio GUI, but see the error message.
  2. SSH into the Pi
  3. SU root (password volumio if you haven’t changed it from default already).
  4. cd /mnt
  5. mkdir NAS
  6. cd NAS
  7. mkdir
  8. Go back to the Volumio GUI as re-save the mount settings.

Its worth checking the /etc/log/mpd/mpd.log file to check that the mpd user can access the mount path. If it can’t then it most likely a permissions issue on your NAS and/or pi for the mpd user.