Mini PC Intel Atom Z8300 - problem with 808622A8 sound

@jo01, always good to hear that, you’re welcome.

I intend to do one more experimental test image with a built-in eMMC install option.
This may take a few days though as there are some side-effects to solve.
After that I will leave that version as is and concentrate on moving to Debian stretch, where this (or newer stable ) kernel will be part of.

I will also open a new threads soon, something like “Intel Apollo X86 hardware support”, post the link here and then sort of close this topic.
Reason being that we have general Intel Apollo/ Mini PC questions/ issues , not directly linked to Z8300/ Z8350.
I would like to get feedback from users with those configurations too.

But before that: today I managed to get a working SD card reader. I was also able to resolve the i2c issues, which, in my case, results in the audio jack being recognized as an audio device. No sound yet but working on it, getting close…
All this means we will have at least one more experimental image because I need more feedback on the SD card reader, 3.5” audio jack and wireless…

Hoi Gé,

looking forward to testing the next experimental image.

Is there any news about the forced resampling of 44.1kHz files?

Best regards,
Robert

Robert,
this week I have been fairly short of time due to a few unforeseen events.
No news on the 44.1 resampling, but did not spend any time on it either :frowning:
I think with more wireless and SD support we have a next experimental version soon.
Z83 II with its rt5651 codec won’t give any sound from 3.5” jack, not even with Broonies latest ASoC kernel tree.
I guess we are further from rt5651 support than I thought, so I will drop any further work on it.
Will pick it up after we introduce volumio on stretch.
But pls. do check your audio jack after the next version as you have another audio codec.

cheers - Gé

Hoi Gé,

audio jack will be testet as well as wireless support, SD card support and eMMC install routine.

I contacted Michelangelo regarding this resampling issue.

Tot ziens!
Robert

Do you guys have any working Volumio for the Z8350? I bought one a few days ago, but couldn’t access the eMMC and gave up on it for now…

Working on it as we speak, but it is Work-In-Progress.
I’m ready to post a topic in the Development Section and would be pleased if you would help us testing.

This one will not be commented upon anymore, I’ll post a link to the new topic.

I would like to continue this topic, which has turned into a more general “X86-Next” discussion (also behand the scenes), in the Volumio Development section.

We are far from releasing but we have made very good progress with newest kernels in order to

• get the best out of the newer PC/ Mini PC hardware, like the Intel Atom platform this thread was kicked off with.
  • prepare for building a Debian stretch based Volumio OS

So far we have

• Linux Kernel 4.16 stable (and continue with this for a while). A release will be based on an LTS version
  • all current firmware from Debian stretch
  • eMMC support (with a disk copy function on the way)
  • support for Intel SST based Audio devices like ES8316, RT5651, RT5640 and more (currently testing with RT5651)
  • support for Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio devices
  • SD Card reader support
  • boot from USB3.0
  • and more…

Please join us at this new topic