Manifest UI Feedback and discussion

The album art has been tweaked in 3.152, but probably not as much as you would like. Also this space is actually used to display ‘album/artist information’ meta data, which needs the space to display pleasingly.

I agree about getting at the volume control quickly when not in the main “playing now” screen initally (I thought I was going to blow my speakers recently when fiddling with DAC settings and it came out at full volume … my dog wasn’t impressed either :wink: ). I find it convenient enough though if I don’t have to get back to that main screen first.

P.S. Just noticed that’s the wrong cover art … something else to investigate now. :wink:

BUG:. Manifest UI does not work with EQ sliders in the DSP plugin. Touching a slider yanks it to 10 and can’t be changed again. Using another UI fixes this issue

Running 3.152 and not receiving any meta data on the console/display however, via http:// the meta data is fine. Is there a setting I am missing to enable the meta data from the console/display?

Thx

If a radio station has an image with a transparent background then you get a funny mix of the logo and the bottom half of whatever background picture you use in the ‘normal’ UI

Thanks for reporting it. A link to the station would make life easier for those investigating it.

Limbik Frequencies – RADIO ELEKTRO[U]NIQUE

It is included in Volumio’s stations.

FWIW, this is what I see with that station (Rpi4, 3.152):

I do have problems with lots of other stations missing icons but I don’t know whether that’s strictly speaking a “bug”.

Hmm. I get the same. But if I add the station to my favourites and select it from there, I get the transparent headphone logo.

that’s normal the UI isn’t using a background image to cope with this… so you see true it.
but this is only in the radio section other sections have normal images not transparent ones.

1 Like

This is a known issue, favourites doesn’t save the radio’s album art.

So this is a bug… It will be fixed?

I can’t comment on that, it’s up to the devs.

I suggested a workaround (that works for me) in another thread. But of course I would not recommend that for everyone as it will break the integrity check on updates.

Can confirm the mixed background issue on Ver 3.157 x86
Works fine on Ver 3.156 Rpi

This just happened to me too, on 3.152 (RPi)

V3.152, RPi4, Manifest UI

When I use the Volumio web page (http://volumio.local ) on my iPhone to change volume, change tracks, etc, sometimes the web page becomes unresponsive and I have to refresh the page to be able to change the volume again. This is happening quite often.

New public RC! Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing - #870 by mervinio

3 Likes

Switching between devices/rooms seems quicker. Was that part of the upgrade? Thanks.

Any idea why I get no meta data i.e., scrolling artist information on my Volumio 3.159 device? Via HTTP the information is there and scrolling fine.

Thanks

Updating from 3.152 to 3.159 it seems that the album art size has been reduced. What is the reasoning behind this? If anything the album art should be bigger (a lot bigger :blush: ). In this example, the artwork covers less than 22% of the window area.

The plugin install “dialog” should propably not have transparent background, since its blocking dialog? Other than such small things i’m very pleased with the new UI, great work on this one!