Magic Mirror Now Playing Viewer

Just finished turning a 7"x5" into a remote viewer. It’s a Raspberry Pi with screen running Magic Mirror MMM-Volumio. I had to modify the code to get the album art to display. I need a frame to put it in. It uses wifi too so I can put it anywhere. I will post a picture when it is in a frame. I saw a couple of screenshots of this and thought I need that too, it took a long time to do the code as I haven’t done any for about 30 years. I need a walnut frame to go with my walnut Technics SU-7300 amp.

2 Likes

Now that sounds like an interesting project, I made a magic mirror several years ago

Never did mount it on a wall, it’s propped against a wall in the bedroom still :slight_smile:

I don’t want to lean my Magic Mirror against a wall so I made a cardboard stand. If a wall works for you that’s great, at least you have a frame!

1 Like

Hello,
Could you please tell me what do I need to build such a project?
Looks very nice and interesting
Thanks

Go to Youtube and search for “Magic Mirror” there are several howto’s and may have been some changes since I made mine

I put some posts on the the magic mirror forum as EllyJ. There is working code but you will have to adjust the layout the using CSS. If you have a bit of coding experience you should manage it. I struggled for a couple of days to get it to work, the album art url was missing the address of my player http://168.192.8.154 at the beginning. It is an interesting project, there is info on the Volumio website about the code of their player for reference.

You will need a tiny bit of coding experience to modify MMM-Volumio so it displays the album art. Also a Raspberry Pi (I used a 3B+) and a Pi compatible screen. The Pi needs to have Rasbian Stretch Desktop OS installed then MagicMirror installed then the MMM-Volumio installed. It is a pain to get it all working.