Looking for touch screen Volumio

oke if you don’t need a big screen and touch you could go smaller

Do you know of a good box with a 4 "screen in which I could also include an external battery?

there are so mutch other options i don’t know what should fit this.

the problem with the inside is you have to open it to get to your sd card …

For my DYI audio streamer based on Pi, I used such a microSD extender

sd_extender

https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000405842609.html

1 Like

i use a smaller version of that extender

Only need to add the rPi4 and a PSU.Already has the screen and DAC built in ( Sabre DAC I-ES9038Q2M).
Also had some troublesome PSU from sossolution, now using the 50W version they have, which works smooth. 5V/10A Voedingsadapter - 50W - 2.1mm DC plug € 22,99 - bij SOSsolutions.nl

did you have the 5.2v / 5amp problems with sos ? they only give 0.5 amp instead of 5 amp…
2 of there batches were faulty i went back to the standard 3 amp

Nope, it did deliver the amps, but with the amps also came a lot of noise. In stand-by you could hear it “zoemen” :-). So moved that PSU to my Domoticz pi and order the 10A version. This one doesn’t buzz and can easily power the rPi-4 and my USB DAC.

that’s really taking the buzz out of it for me to … ( case of the bromvlieg )
ik heb 2 x moeten ruilen en toen de 3x maar terug naar de 3 amp blijf niet bezig,
wilde me pi eindelijk eens laten draaien zonder undervoltage…

We moeten in het engels brabbelen…

Not sure if you have tools to measure the output voltage, as it seems that the rPi is regulating the voltage down, when to much current is drawn from the USB. When I connected the Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital (rated 800mA) the rPi4 wouldn’t boot. Even though the the PSU (5V/10A) is powerfull enough to deliver. SO the rPi kept nagging regarding the Low Voltage. Now I have added a 5V relais to the USB port, that switch the power supply straight to the DAC, when the rPi is turned on.
Solving all issues .

i still have the broken 5 amps laying and bought a usb digital tester with bt
so i tested it there was a max of 0.5 amp delivered failing to run rpi
that’s a nice fix, i was thinking of a external powered hub instead if this would boot your dac
i don’t know …

one of my pi’s draws more current then the raspi standard screen so i needed at least 3amp.
my dac’s are dragonfly’s low power so i could run it like this real dacs will take some current over usb creating the undervoltage most of the time…

don’t buy this :

A powered HUB might add a lot of noise, so do some research which one to buy. I also think that an external powered HUB is always on, So if the DAC is connected to it, it will also be on.

you made a better solution and i think your right about more noise …

That is mustard after the meal. Did buy that one and that produced as much buzz as audio.
But I don’t think that the dragonfly will be such a power consuming thing. The Pi should be able to deliver, unless you’ve hooked more to it.

I am using now someting like this. Fit’s nicely in opening on the Pi

then i’m happy that i went back to the 3 amp otherwise i would be still buzy with getting
a power adapter

1 Like