Logitech S150 digital volume controls

I’m struggling to get the digital volume and mute controls to work on the Logitech S150 speakers. These are pc speakers powered by USB with an onboard DAC (it’s a only a basic player in the kitchen). All works fine other than not being able to use the digital volume control buttons on the speakers.

lsusb gives:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1130:1620 Tenx Technology, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0a5c:bd1e Broadcom Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

The /etc/asound.conf is there but empty. In the UI the Volume Options are: ‘Mixer Type’ is Hardware and the ‘Mixer Control Name’ is PCM. That mixer control name only has a PCM option available. Should I be able to select digital or is that dependent upon the USB DAC? is there a way to set it to digital in the asound.conf?

Configuration: Raspberry Pi B+, Volumio v.2.246, USB audio, wifi

Hi,
Via ssh can you access the mixer with alasmixer ?
Some USB DAC and FDA show a pcm mixer but with no action when changing it… Don’t know if alsa or hardware is responsible…
The only solution is to use a software mixer.

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I can access the alsamixer. In there for USB Audio under playback I’ve got PCM and Softmaster levels to play with. Capture is also a Softmaster level. Would I be seeing a ‘Digital’ if it were available or is the ‘Softmaster’ the digital and I need to set that as the Mixer Control Name? Changing the softmaster level via alsamixer makes no difference, but PCM level does.

Controlling the volume by the UI is no big problem, it’s just nice to be able to hit a button if it’s there.

ok, if changing PCM affects the sound level it means it should work in volumio…
So in playback setting, try the following:
select Audio Jack as output and save.
save the mixer setting and reboot
Once it’s back, go in volumio playback setting, select your dac and save.
save the mixer settings.
Test with a track :wink:

Volume control does and always did work in Volumio, just not on the physical buttons. These are the speakers: amazon.co.uk/Logitech-OEM-S … B000XUQ2LI . There is no analogue input at all and the DAC, power and everything is all self contained in the speaker from the USB port over one neat and tidy wire. The volume controls on the front of the speaker are digital rather than a pot, and that’s the only part that isn’t working for me - I can control the volume via the Volumio UI OK, just not by the physical buttons. They probably need some specific hardware support for the buttons on the speaker itself to work, but I asked as when I was searching for a solution it seemed that selecting ‘Digital’ as the Mixer Control Name would work but that doesn’t present itself as an option.

I hope that clarifies the problem a bit, and thanks for the pointers - I’ve learned more already by asking.

Sorry I misunderstood…
Now I saw your hardware. Can’t help you more…
But if you find something working please share it ! :slight_smile: