Logitec Media Server plugin for Volumio

I’m not sure what happened yesterday. Up until yesterday LMS was working brilliantly. Now when I try and move from the home screen to settings I get the following message: 403 Forbidden: settings/index.html

When I try and get in through the Volumio App on my iphone I can’t even access LMS and I get Error loading page.

Thankfully I can access it through the home page only on my network and the iPeng app still finds LMS on my network.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion for a fix. I am running LMS Docker edition 0.1.1 and squeezlite player 1.1.6

So is the issue about accessing Volumio or LMS?

If LMS is running then you don’t need to access it through Volumio. In fact, you already mentioned that iPeng is able to find LMS, right? Does iPeng also report LMS server info (IP address, port, etc.)?

The issue is that I can’t access settings which means no updating for new music or adding other plugins.

It still plays and accesses Spotify as well as my original library.

Did you try restarting the LMS plugin? Disable it and wait for the message confirming LMS has stopped. Then enable it again and give it a minute or two for LMS to fully start.

Also, could you PM me your log from http://<LMS address>:9000/server.log

Also try restarting your router.

1 Like

Restart of router and computer seems to have fixed everything.

Hi to all,
I’m not a Linux-expert and I am using the Volumio PRIMO.
Unfortunately, the suggestions made above do not work because I can not access the PRIMO directly.
I can install the plugin, but when I try to “open the LMS webconsole” I get the familiar error message “can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.178.80:9000.”
Do you have any suggestion for me?
Thank you and best regards
Guido

2 Likes

exactly in the same situation on primo, it s broken need fix. Sorry for you

2 Likes

Ok guys got a fix for primo - for advanced user only -
I investigate and understood that thing were no more created and downloaded by Sayiato plugin
Here is a manual fix

Then open a ssh terminal connection with command ssh volumio@yourdeviceip -p 22 (mdp volumio)
and enter the following command (sudo if priviledge requested)

• cd /home/volumio/logitechmediaserver
  • dpkg - i logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb
  • mkdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver
  • chown -R volumio:volumio /var/lib/squeezeboxserver
  • usermod -aG audio squeezeboxserver
  • rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/logitechmediaserver.service
  • ln -fs /data/plugins/music_service/lms/unit/logitechmediaserver.service etc/systemd/system/logitechmediaserver.service
  • service logitechmediaserver stop
  • chmod 777 -R /var/lib/squeezeboxserver
  • systemctl daemon-reload
  • sudo service logitechmediaserver start

and to see if everything work as expected or get infos/issues in case of problem

• systemctl status logitechmediaserver.service
    (q to exit)

On a working lms you should get this type of status

Active: active (running) since Wed 2022-10-19 19:20:13 UTC; 2s ago
Main PID: 1692 (squeezeboxserve)
CGroup: /system.slice/logitechmediaserver.service
└─1692 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset utf8

Cheers

3 Likes

volumio@volumio:~/logitechmediaserver$ dpkg - i logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb

dpkg: error: need an action option

??? :crazy_face:

1 Like

try sudo before. Are you in the good folder ?
Im on holliday now
will try to provide a plugin update or a proper bash script when i will come back to ease the trick

advanced user mean google capable :wink:

This error can occur when copy/pasting the command from online instructions rather than typing it yourself. So instead of '-' you end up with '–' and you get the error.

try to edit the “-” before i in “dpkg -i”

1 Like

yes :heart_eyes:
this “sudo dpkg - i logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb” you must write, not copy/paste
after that LMS manually install
after that the address volumio.local:9000 suddenly show without error !

Thank You very much ! :smiley:

1 Like

it’s seems even simpler that i thought :+1:, maybe because you have (or had) Sayiato’s plugin installed with every path, virtual link and folder proprietary already addressed by the plugin. Anyway happy for the community that we all get a fix for this crucial stuff :heart:

1 Like

If you want to install without the plugin:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl
wget https://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v8.2.0/logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb
1 Like

yes, but it would be better that Saiyato update logitech media server to version 1.1.5
:innocent: :star_struck: :smiley:

thank you @chourmovs_vs : I had the same issue (actually, the file sqeezebox was missing after I installed the package).

Your instructions to manually install solved the problem.

Hopefully someone will fix the package install

1 Like

here comes the magical
https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins-sources/pull/152
Hope it will be approved because my knowledge in git stuff is not at the level for the moment, but I work hard…

1 Like

Thanks in advance for your hard work. :cowboy_hat_face:

if people here could test plugin manual install and give me a feedback

Procedure:
edit wget is broken look here:
https://community.volumio.com/t/logitec-media-server-plugin-for-volumio/6801/141?u=chourmovs_vs

Advantage over simple manual install proposed by Wheaten

• every simlink and property of file/folder addressed
  • activable/de-activable
  • persistent service
  • cleanly uninstallable
  • local player plugin within LMS working to play directly to your hardware (thx to " usermod -aG audio squeezeboxserver")

Thank you by advance

Vincent SAULNIER

this is not for x86?

Seems the download is incorrect. The filesize , < 1kb