Locked out after initial wifi setup

Hi,

I’m currently testing around with the test version of volumio so I’m occasionally starting all over and reflash the SD.

Yesterday, it happened twice to me that I locked myself out of the system by fiddling with the WIFI settings. And this happend during a basic setup process that probably a lot of poeple would do in a similar way. I basically want to bring the device onto my wifi network, nothing else.

So, after a fresh install the hotspot is active. Then I

1. log on to the hotspot
  2. goto the network settings and connect to my WIFI
  3. wait until the device has switched to my wifi network
  4. log in the web ui again

Up to here, everything is fine.
Now, I want to disable the wifi hotspot feature because otherwise it will be up again after a reboot.
So, then I disable the hotspot and save. Now, the settings are correct and the device works, but when I reboot (via web ui), it comes back up with Wifi completely disabled. Presumably, it is caused by the hotspot config change.

I only saw that it is turned off because the ethernet connection still worked (cable was disconnected before). It happened twice to me with two different versions. So, somewhere there is something wrong because other than automatically disabling the hotspot once connected to a WIFI network, this would be the natural way to set it up, isnt it?

Tested with Raspberry 3 with Hifiberry Dac+Pro, volumio 2.001 and 2.011

Jochen

edit: it seems that the wifi network is in fact saved, but not activated:

volumio@volumio:/var/log$ cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant network={ scan_ssid=1 ssid="mynetwork" psk="mywifipassword" }

Is this a volumio bug or am I experiencing the Raspberry 3 + Hifiberry Dac+Pro incompatibility?

See here:
github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1588
raspberrypi.org/forums/view … 6&t=140237
support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/ … N-Problem-

As found on DIYAudio http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-514.html#post4881600.

Apparently, RPi3’s onboard wifi is not compatible with the dac+pro. What a bummer…