Larger cover art in 'playback' view

your welcome :slight_smile: let’s make life eazy…

Sorry for digging up the thread.

Basing on all the conversation in the thread I have managed to enlarge the album art and change the layout a bit.

I would like to remove both volume and time cricled on the right and leave the album art with titles alone.
Which files are responsible for overall elements layout? I have only chaned the app_number.css file.

BR
Jakub

1 Like

Nokub…

do it like this … what version are you running?

I use 2.878 Volumio version.
When I try to install theme from linked thread I get “No matching version - no installation possible!!” error.

update your volumio to the right version and you can alter a lot.
i think you will like it.

Now that Volumio v3 is close to release, we have to figure out how to make these same changes in the new code.

I’m a little disappointed that v3 still has the tiny album art but it’s not a huge deal to modify it.

AFAIK v3 doesn’t change anything in the UI so should be straightforward!

Technically apart from the new modular ALSA audio pipelines and the myVolumio plugin store, not much has changed in the back end…
The main changes are the in base operating system and all packages, that speed up the system :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ashthespy - there were changes in the CSS code even between 2.x versions so the modification has to be redone and retested every time there is a software update. Given that 3.x is still at release candidate stage, it’s not worth putting time into a version which will change within weeks and then again probably a few weeks later. I’ll wait for a really stable version.

I just wish Volumio would give us an interface option with larger cover art. At the moment, 75% of the layout is wasted space.

I suggest you to try the (very good) plugin ‘Now playing’ from @patrickkfkan already available in the store for volumio 2.x and soon for 3.x

your forgetting a mutch better one by 2acd :wink:

I feel your pain.
I fear Volumio’s focus on new features outweighs the focus on stability of the system. It would be an interesting Business Intelligence metric to see how many paying users join for every new feature that is launched, compared to subscriptions being cancelled as people move to other options…

Exactly, I hope that last one will be added to store

I use a MS Surface Pro, and the album art is still small, there is a lot of wasted space on the screen.
Rotate the Surface Pro to Portrait and the album art fills the width… far better. Shame I ca’t work out how to resize the art in Landscape view.

the problem may be your screen resolution.
There is a setting in the script which starts up the GUI on an x86.
If you are able to edit, look at /opt/volumiokiosk.sh

Somewhere around line 85 you will find this

#CAPPEDRES=“1920x1080”
#SUPPORTEDRES="$(xrandr | grep $CAPPEDRES)"
#if [ -z “$SUPPORTEDRES” ]; then
#echo “Resolution $CAPPEDRES not found, skipping”
#else
#echo “Capping resolution to $CAPPEDRES”
#xrandr -s “$CAPPEDRES”
#fi

Just uncomment it and let me know if that worked.

@Volumio: should we limit x86 kiosk mode to 1920x1080, seeing more and more x86 devices have higher resolutions (especially macbook and surface)?
In that case the code block shown above should be permanently uncommented (I introduced it once, but was not sure we would ever use it).