Khadas Tone Board

It comes from reichelt.de :wink:

Dominique

Which order number pls???

DPL 1-1 Qty 1
KOH-1100 Qty 2

Dominique

Thanks Dominique!!!

I am now using the Digione non-sig but I think I will go for the new Matrix SPDIF/2 in a couple of days which is said to be much better!!!

audiophonics.fr/en/digital- … 11975.html

The Tone Board seems not to scale with a linear or better PSU, which in turn does surprise me anyway.

It’s true, that’s also my disconcerting experience. It does not matter if you connect linear power supply, regulator or batteries, it sounds just as good.

Best

1 Like

@Khadas owners:
Do you connect the Khadas as a HAT to the RPi or have it separate? If connected as a HAT, do you then make the USB or SPDIF connections externally?
The insensitivity to PSU is interesting, but might there be a difference if separate supplies to RPi and Toneboard could be arranged?

TB is not a hat, only USB from PC or Rpi (gets recognized as Xcore 208 with no prob) or by spdif from elsewhere.

1 Like

OK, I get it. Thanks.
Re external powering of Khadas: forum.khadas.com/t/tone-board-e … ering/3051

Dear All,

Have you got the chance to test the Khadas TB in the last weeks? How is the sound quality? Are you satisfied?
Do you have in the mean time any comparison with the Katana or other DACs?

Thanks for your help!

Regards from Munich
Adrian

1 Like

I was happy with Boss DAC until I heard the TB, it is just the next level. They published now a new firmware which enables HW volume control under Volumio (see https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/test/ToneBoard/). I compared also with Herus+, again better the TB.

@Berry, did you update the tone board firmware?
I’m interested as well, how did you go about it?
There is no info on the Khadas site AFAIK, at least I didn’t find any.

1 Like

No, I did not, I dont need the HW vol control so far. But it is worth mentioning that they care on their products. I guess you need to unzip the utility for uploading the Firmware via USB.

What I really like most is channel separation on TB. I realise again and again on audience giving applause, how real it feels. Or on choir voices, or complex classical orchestra. Just amazing.

One of the download files is the driver software for Windows, it also includes firmware update tool TUSBAudioDfu.exe
The other download contains both firmware files to send to the TB, should be OK.
I’m checking with Khadas whether I need to load both and in which order…

Edit:
Answer from Khadas

Hi.
I updated firmware for Khadas board and now volumio does not see xmos anymore.
Anybody did the update too?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G965F folosind Tapatalk

I did not yet, but will try soon and get help from Khadas when necessary (which I recommend you to do as well).
This is the forum’s hardware-volume link

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.
I will see …

On khadas forum they say :
First wesion_volume_mute_flash.bin then wesion_volume_ctrl_dfu.bin.We’ll put it all together in a formal version later.

I’m a little confused like Sue Ellen …

Don’t be confused, I know what happened…

I copied the answer from Khadas straight into my post with cut&paste, however, afterwards Khadas changed the answer :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
You can see proof of that by clicking the little edit symbol at the top right of Ben007’s message, it will show the message history :smiley:

1 Like

Uuyy UUyy UUyy I wish I had said nothing about the FW update …

1 Like

LOL !!!