Jazzradio.com

Hi All,
Can Volumio on RPI2 access JAZZRADIO.com?
I have inserted the URL on the add function of the WEBradio of Volumio, but no transmission heard .
Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you and a great weekend ahead.

Which url did you add?

Yes, it does work, but I believe you need a premium subscription to Jazzradio.com. I subscribe to DI.fm, which also gives me access to the premium version of Jazzradio.com.

If you do have a premium account, click on your name in the upper right, click on “Player Settings”, and then under Preferred Player choose “Hardware Player”. Select the Excellent radio button for sound quality, and then choose your station under “Server Information”.

Don’t use the Playlist URL, use one of the URLs under Servers. For example, for Bass Jazz it would be:

prem4.jazzradio.com:80/bassjazz_aac? listener key>

Now create a text file, give it a suffix of “.pls” and plug in the URL from above so it looks like this:
[playlist]
numberofentries=1
File1=http://prem1.jazzradio.com:80/bassjazz?
Title1=Jazz Radio Smooth Jazz
Length1=-1
version=2

Copy that file to /var/lib/mpd/music/WEBRADIO, update the Webradio folder from the Volumio UI and you should be in business. Using the Volumio UI to add a Webradio URL directly never worked for me.

You can also add all of your favorite Jazzradio.com channels by clicking on the “Download .pls file with my favorite channels” link at the bottom of “Sound Quality and Bandwidth”. If you then select that Webradio station you can switch between different channels by clicking on the bottom Playlist tab in Volumio.

Hi All,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it does work, but I believe you need a premium subscription to Jazzradio.com. I subscribe to DI.fm, which also gives me access to the premium version of Jazzradio.com.

If you do have a premium account, click on your name in the upper right, click on “Player Settings”, and then under Preferred Player choose “Hardware Player”. Select the Excellent radio button for sound quality, and then choose your station under “Server Information”.

Don’t use the Playlist URL, use one of the URLs under Servers. For example, for Bass Jazz it would be:

prem4.jazzradio.com:80/bassjazz_aac? listener key>

Now create a text file, give it a suffix of “.pls” and plug in the URL from above so it looks like this:
[playlist]
numberofentries=1
File1=http://prem1.jazzradio.com:80/bassjazz?
Title1=Jazz Radio Smooth Jazz
Length1=-1
version=2

Copy that file to /var/lib/mpd/music/WEBRADIO, update the Webradio folder from the Volumio UI and you should be in business. Using the Volumio UI to add a Webradio URL directly never worked for me.

You can also add all of your favorite Jazzradio.com channels by clicking on the “Download .pls file with my favorite channels” link at the bottom of “Sound Quality and Bandwidth”. If you then select that Webradio station you can switch between different channels by clicking on the bottom Playlist tab in Volumio.
[/quote]
Hi skikirkwood,

I am a premium mem. Yes i did all the insert as you had said except the new text file you had mentioned.
Would appreciates if you can direct me where should I insert this file to?

thank once again

Hi skikirkwood,
Thank you, i had just edit and save the file as directed by you. All working now

Most appreciated and a great week ahead all

As of Volumio 2.041 I’ve been successfully adding the server urls directly via the Add Web Radios button.

I’ve added channels from Classical Radio.com, Digitally Imported, Jazzradio.com, Radio Tunes and Rockradio.com.

All work perfectly.

Hope this is useful.

Thomas

Wow! I had no idea it was this easy. I have a JazzRadio premium subscription, and I had been looking for a way to get it to play on Volumio so that I can control all my music from one app.
2 years ago when I first discovered Volumio, I reached out to support at Jazz Radio and they simply told me I could only use the supported apps (i.e. web browser, iOS or Android).
One thing with this approach though, you are essentially passing a token via a URL parameter, meaning someone else could easily sniff that app ID, or is Volumio taking that URL and doing an initial handshake using https POST?
-Hugh