Issues with Volumio 3 finding all files on USB HDD

I have an 8 TB HDD in a USB 3.0 cradle, that I use as my library. I have 127K songs on the disc. I am trying Volumio but it can only find 90K files. All the files were either ripped (CD’s or SACD’s converted to *.DSF files) or purchased (high res). When I used JRiver 28, it found every file and even Daphile finds over 120K files.

The HDD is NTFS, which I have had no problems with on smaller drives with Volumio. I have reset the system several times to try and fix this but to no avail.

My system is: A MinisForum HM90 mini-PC with a Ryzen 9 - 9500H CPU, 16 GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD for Volumio (I know overkill), the USB 3.0 Cradle is Thermaltake BlacX Duet cradle. My DAC is a TEAC UD-501.

Any suggestions?

Please enable the log and run “update” on sources. Please paste the url to the log here, so the peeps from Volumio have something to look at.

log file

@volumio

Hi Volumio, can you take a look. After scrolling for 3 hours, the import stops a letter P, followed by a huge amount of network errors.

Since I am not a Linux expert at all, I appreciate your help @Wheaten

It does stop and the only way to stop the freezing it a reboot.

Can you conform that the import keeps stalling at the same entry?
If you hit the update again, will the import go beyond Paul Carrack Live - The Independent Years, Vol. 1 (2000-2020) (2020) [FLAC@44.1KHz24bit]/02 - Sunny (Live at Buxton Opera House, 2004).flac

I will do set it up to import. I have to go out and then I come back I will look at it. @Wheaten TY !

Hello,

i thought i had a issue like this a while ago. But i am not sure.

Could you look, if there are ziped fies in the folder?

No zipped files. I know

Where it stopped this time

Apr 11 19:10 : update: updating USB/New_Volume/Music/ZZ Top/Rio Grande Mud/[8] Sure Got Cold After the Rain Fell - ZZ Top.flac
Apr 11 19:10 : update: updating USB/New_Volume/Music/ZZ Top/Rio Grande Mud/[9] Whiskey’n Mama - ZZ Top.flac
Apr 11 19:10 : exception: error on client 5: Output buffer is full
Apr 11 19:10 : client: [5] closed

volumio plugin list ---------------

2nd logfile

This HD is a copy of my backup HD of my music. No Zipfiles on it.

When I use the exact same HD for Daphile, no issues at all.

I think we need the peeps from Volumio to dig in further. The error seems related to MPD.
But you’re at the Z now, so prob. one more hit on the update and all files are in.
Still did you do anything to the WLAN setup, as the errors are occupying 30% of the logfile?

Apr 11 18:34:10 volumio hostapd[13097]: hostapd_free_hapd_data: Interface wlan0 wasn't started
Apr 11 18:34:10 volumio systemd[1]: hostapd.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Apr 11 18:34:10 volumio systemd[1]: hostapd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 11 18:34:10 volumio systemd[1]: Failed to start Advanced IEEE 802.11 AP and IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP Authenticator.
1 Like

Nothing. This was a fresh install too on a 512 GB M2 Samsung 960 SSD.

@Wheaten I appreciate all the questions.

This PC has wireless (turned off currently), and two ethernet ports - regular lan and 2.5 GB lan, using the regular lan connection.

Please try the following:
SSH to the system and type:
nano /etc/mpd.conf

Press CTRL+W, and type:

max_output_buffer_size

Hit enter.
Increase value 81920 to 327680
old:
new:

Press CTRL+O, enter,

CTRL+X

sudo reboot

and scan again.

I will try, as I said, not a Linux maven, but will try.

just follow my instructions by the letter. :slight_smile:

Trying it now @Wheaten

Will let you know.

after fix

no change, I did exactly like you said. key stroke for key stroke - didn’t change anything.

Then I am out of ideas

@Wheaten I appreciated you your efforts on this.

So, I went back in and looked at the mpd.conf and that line didn’t change, so I redid it, making sure I followed EXACTLY the steps you listed. I am currently rescanning the HDD. I will let you know.

I actually logged in directly to volumio on the mini-PC (nice to have extra KB and monitor) to do this.

So, I have done the steps exactly as you have them. It does not save the change to the buffer size. This is the 4th time I have done this, with the same results.

@Wheaten The files are saved as mpd.conf.save - I just need to rename them.

I just used mv mpd.conf mpd.conf.s1
then mv mpd.conf.save mpd.conf

rebooted it is still the original way. I cannot change the buffer size even though the save files have them.