Issue with Spotify Connect2

Hello,

I have a customer who is reporting the following issue:
“I’m trying to play a new album on Spotify (Fleet Foxes, Shore) via the Spotify Connect2 plugin, but both the Volumio and Spotify interfaces are both unable to do so. When I start the album, Spotify/Volumio just skip all the tracks and get stuck in a loop.”

This is an album that was just released today according to them. Has anybody else experienced a similar issue?

Could you (ask them to) share some logs?

Either from the /dev page using the livelog feature or via ssh.

# Volumio logs
journalctl -f 
# vollibrespot logs
journalctl -f  -u volspotconnect2.service

Note you might need sudo before these commands depending on the version of Volumio your running

I will ask. I have also forwarded this thread to them. Don’t know if they are a member here though.

I have the same problem with the Spotify app on my desktop PC. Virtually anything I try to play skips, but all other devices play fine. Seems like a Spotify or DNS issue, the playing device is unable to access the content behind the load balancer.

Spotify is installed on Android. When Volumio and Android are connected to a shared wifi, everything works. When I set up a wifi hotspot on Android, the Spotify app doesn’t see Volumio. How do I fix this?

Your hotspot should also allow the mdns broadcast packets through for the discovery/multi-client mode to work. It would probably be simpler to just log in with your credentials in this case.

Volumio is installed in the car. At home, Spotify from Android sees the Onkyo avresiver even with wifi turned off.

That would mean that your account is actively logged in on the device. You can do the same by adding your credentials in the plugin.

Thanks! Got. It was necessary to disable Multi-User and the authorization window appeared.