Is this 5'' 800x480 TFT Raspberry Pi DSI Touchscreen compatible with the official touchplugin?

please have that discussion with Waveshare. :slight_smile: Without them the plugin (better a functinal touchscreen) didn’t work.

When I active it, this call: Touch Display Failed: start volumio-kiosk.service:Error:Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo/bin/systemctl start volumio-kiosk.service Failed to start volumio-kiosk.service: Unit volumio-kios.service not found.

1 Like

https://www.waveshare.com/4.3inch-DSI-LCD-with-case.htm

There is no specific request config from Waveshare.

I tried with both available plugin even with the newest or older, both plugin and still does not work. I just get Touch Display only for my offline music.

1 Like

Are you on a fresh Volumio install? If so, did you wait several minutes after the first boot so the data partition could fully expand. On a system where the data partition had not been expended there is typically not enough space for all the software the Touch Display plugin needs.

If you are sure your system is not lacking disk space, I recommend to uninstall the plugin.

Then enable “Plugins Test Mode” on //volumio.local/dev and re-install beta version 3.3.2 of the plugin.

This new version of the plugin aborts (and rolls back) the plugin’s installation process if downloading/installing of one of the required software packages (xorg, chromium etc.) fails. Unlike before, now the plugin would not even appear in the list of installed plugins if a software download should have failed.

So, if you do not find the plugin in the list of installed plugins after the installation process has finished, it is because an error occurred during its installation. Maybe check your internet connection (especially for DNS problems) and try to install the plugin again.

1 Like

put to the test with the same DSI 4.3 inch touch screen.
new latest volumio 3 image install, plugin downloaded and activated, works just fine no problem.
otherwise no changes were made on the system if only the touch plugin was installed.
as writing program i used raspberry pi imager.

1 Like

Thanks alot for your quick helping. I did try with 3.3.2 and still face with issue with completely format SD card and start from beginning.

Then finally found the issue from the card. I just start from fresh with another card and work smoothly with 3.3.1

It is really strange without any clue because Volumio run quite smooth the old card.

Thanks alot for your trial and share the screen. It made me trust more on the plugin and try with something else… Finally it settled down by new card only.

1 Like

Glad it works now with another SD card.

I don’t know what you formatted the sd card with, but you could try sdformatter.

1 Like

I used Disk Management from Win for both of them :). I guess there is some bad sector on my old SD.

another project Philips differential TDA 1543 nos dac with custom output transformers. this also includes a 4.3 inch touchscreen.

10 opblaasbare sneeuwmannen? that is a very special dac…

Ha ja…Die werkt alleen als ie ijs en ijskoud is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

so we learn something new every day. Even Jägermeister entered the DAC market. (alleen als ie ijs en ijskoud is.)

1 Like

just built in the 4.3 inch touchscreen.

just finished, I chose an aluminum front and back plate instead of wood.

finally have the correct power supply positive/negative voltage and a nice shielded block transformer for the raspberry.
sounds wonderful now.

I miss the Jägermeister logo?

hahaha, the Jägermeister bottle is now empty.
we are now switching to a high-end bottle of Heineken :laughing:

Heineken en High-end???
Heineken is the “SILVERCREST” under beer, Bikse Blonde rules… :rofl: