Is bluetooth speakers supported?

hi i just curious i read old articles but didnt see any new ones

i just curious if now in 2021 Volumio can broadcast throught the bluetooth on a raspberry pi 4 bluetooth… or would i need like some bluetooth sending unit plugged into the 1/8 audio jack

what i trying to do is have raspberry pi basiclly centralized in the house and then it can broadcast different zones of the house not sure if possible

or if your supposed to have multiple raspberry pis running multiple volumio
but figure i ask in here as i tried to see about 1 volumio outputting multple locations bluetooth
so it can stream web radio stations to outside of my home

if your signal is strong enough it could but most of the send / recievers can handle up to 2 signals on one device

ah ok and i guess volumio still cant send through the bluetooth device i thought it could but i dont see it on here… and my searchs all come up with older

i guess really its best 1/8 right into the input of the amplifier then

i just put a device behind the rpi for output…
input you have behind pay wall…

I don’t think that you can use the RPi 4’s Bluetooth capability to broadcast the Volumio sound output because the standard Volumio release does nor support it. However, I believe that I have a solution which will work with a Hat which provided both RCA and Headphone outputs such ad the IQaudio DAC+ or DAC Pro or this cheapo from Aliexpress PCM5122 Hifi Dac Audio Sound Card Module I2S+Led Indicator for Raspberry Pi 3B/2B|Demo Board Accessories| - AliExpress

My plan is to use the RCA outpput to feed the local room Amplifier and Speakers and feed the Headphones 3.5mm output to a Bluetooth Transmitter like this one USB Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver 3 in 1 EDR Adapter Dongle 3.5mm AUX RCA for TV PC Headphones Home Stereo Car HIFI Audio|USB Bluetooth Adapters/Dongles| - AliExpress
… powered by plugging it into one of the RPi USB sockets and using the provided 3,5mm to 3.5mm cable to feed the audio signal from the Headphone output on the DAC Hat to the Bluetooth transmitter.

I have the parts on order from Aliexpress and would be happy to share my experience with you here.

Robin

I have now got the parts detailed in my previous post and have got the Bluetooth Transmitter working with a pair of Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones,

There are TWO Gotchas that you need to beware of:

1. The Bluetooth Transmitter CANNOT be powered from one of the RPi USB Ports NOR can it be powered from the same 5V source that powers the RPi. If I attempt to do this, it immediately kills the WiFi adapter connection and kills Volumio operation. It works fine if poweredfrom a separate USB Mains adapter connected to a separate Mains Socket,

Just for clarification, this is not because of proximity to the WiFi Adapter. I have tried keeping them over a Metre apart but it will not work if connected to the same 5V source as the RPi

1. Because the Bluetooth Transmitter is a “headless” device, it will not pair with a client that requires a PIN code to be entered in the pairing process. I have a Bluetooth Speaker which requires a PIN 1234 and I have no way of pairing that. Fortunately the Bluethooth Headset pairs without a PIN Code.

I hope this helps anybody else treading this path - Robin