IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ not working

I just got my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and a new Raspberry as a Bundle from the Volumio Shop, built it together, installed Volumio 2.344, did the Setup with the correct Settings for the DAC, but Volumio does not recognize the DAC after a reboot. The Power LED on the DAC is green, so the DAC got it’s power. After the reboot, the Output Device is set to IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ but it would not play. I got a ALSA Error: Failed to open Alsa Device “hw:1.0”.
Trying to change the Output Device shows me first the DAC as Default, but in the Pull Down Options I only can choose between HDMI and Audio Jack. The DAC does not shown up anymore.
Volumio Problem or did I have a dead (DOA) DAC?

Heinz-Juergen

And here is the log.

I found this in the log several times:

IQAudIODigi soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm8804-spdif not registered - will retry
log.txt.tar.gz (45.5 KB)

And something is going wrong here.
My DAC is a IQaudIO Pi-DAC+, but when I choose it for Output in Volumio, it won’t work.
If I choose the IQaudio DAC Plus, it will work?

Can you SSH into the Pi and post back the results of aplay -l

I’m expecting something like this:

volumio@volumiolcd:~$ aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA] Subdevices: 8/8 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1 Subdevice #2: subdevice #2 Subdevice #3: subdevice #3 Subdevice #4: subdevice #4 Subdevice #5: subdevice #5 Subdevice #6: subdevice #6 Subdevice #7: subdevice #7 card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pc m5102a-hifi-0 [] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

hw:1 = card 1
so hw:1,0 = card 1 device 0

In my case this translates to: card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi

I got this:

volumio@volumio-2:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: IQaudIODAC [IQaudIODAC], device 0: IQaudIO DAC HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1

It will work with the IQaudio DAC Plus for Qutput.

Heinz-Juergen

It should work yes, the card is there and it’s being recognized

Yes it does. It was a misunderstood. I’m not familiar with the IQaudio DAC Family, i’m using Hifiberry mostly. So i got a little bit confused between the different names and Drivers for my DAC and used the wrong Driver. The Problem sits, as often, in front of the Monitor. :smiley:

Hehehe, sometimes yes, but it happens to the best of us :wink:
Glad it worked out for you, enjoy your music!