IP address randomly drops/changes

I have volumio version 2.x (2.something) and my project is working. However it randomly changes it’s IP address over time. I was using my Pi in the car and in about 2 weeks I had to pull it back out and plug in a monitor to see the IP had changed. Not sure if my phone is doing this or my cables are getting yanked on a bit and it’s corrupted before the shutdown script can finish. I will solder the GPIO pins on the shutdown circuit I have today, and make it more secure everywhere else.

It might be a different observation/problem but in the wpa_supplicant file I had my phone’s hotspot network saved, and my home wifi network saved. What really is interesting is that when I connected to my phone’s hotspot and my home wifi the volumio app could see my Pi. It’s confusing me, so to say it another way I turned on my hotspot then connected to my home wifi with my phone so my phone had both networks. My normal access to volumio is to type in the IP given from my phone into my phones browser and it comes up fine. So in this scenario both web browser and app can connect. Is volumio capable of handling 2 networks at the same time? or is this a deep data link layer feature?

The opposite of all this is once I turn off my home wifi my volumio app will no longer see the Pi, I am thinking I should know why this happens. I also removed the home wifi supplicant network in the file since I don’t need it for setup anymore and this project is intended to stay in my car.

*Side note: Thank you guys from my previous post, I had some impatience and it turned out all my past problems were because Comcast didn’t explain their modems well. I never knew they auto force 5ghz (or the fastest speed) and that is incompatible with older Pi’s like the Pi 2B. It’s unfortunate that happens because the whole purpose of multi band modems is to expand compatibility, but they don’t want customer complaints about internet speed so by default they push the fastest speed.

I soldered my little wires down instead of relying on the crimp-like connectors that go on the GPIO pins. It’s been working today, it did hiccup on connection when I drove by the tech store and my phone auto connected to it’s wifi.