iOS app - does not find any devices

I see that there’s a new version of ios app released, but issue remains - app does not request access to local network.

Thanks guys for your reports. We are working as we speak on the app to fix the above issues

i ran into a similar or the same issue

• volumio app was fresh installed on multiple devices (android 9, android 13 and ios 15.7.9)
  • volumio v3.546 was fresh installed on a raspberry pi zero 2 w
  • all devices were in the same network and reachable over the ip and volumio.local
  • the network is 192.168.0.0/16 (192.168.0.1-192.168.255.255)

the problem was that the pi zero had the ip address 192.168.6.7 and the phones had ip addresses like 192.168.3.4, 192.168.3.5, etc and the app just looked for the pi zero in the ip address range 192.168.3.1-192.168.3.255 (found this out with wireshark) because the phone was in this one.

the solution was to give the pi zero an ip address from this range i.e. 192.168.3.8 and it worked

So I have Volumio (latest) running on a Raspberry Pi and wanted to show a friend how nice it is to be able to play stuff over his “hi fi” (have a DAC hat) and, using the web browser and my phone to control the app all is well.

However, he has a iPhone and the app just sits there searching away and never finding the device.

I’m not an iPhone guy - what am I missing?

Also have another friend who wants me to digitize his collection and set him up the same way and, yes, he too is a slave to the Apple iPhone so I expect I’ll have the same issue.

First:

• Don’t mention “the latest Volumio”, but provide the exact version that you’re running.
  • Both iphone’s are connected to the same network as Volumio. (same subnet 255.255.255.x)

Running Volumio since V2.x and never had issues that my iPhone couldn’t connect with my devices.
It runs on x86, rPi3, rPi4, rPi5 and Odroid N2. So I have a decent pool to connect to.

I’ll have to go to his house and check the version. I allowed it to update automatically hence thought that might be helpful. Will report back.

Volumio app 1.8.3 on iPhone 14 with IOS 17.1.1 still cannot find Volumio 3.5.69 running on raspberry pi 4b.
Everything works great on my iPhone 8, iPad 9. Investigating what might be different on iPhone 14 is that the “local network” option in Volumio app is missing there. I tried uninstall/reinstall the app, reset location & privacy, still nothing. The option for Location appeared under settings but nothing about “local network”.
Can someone from volumio team please help?

1 Like

Having a similar problem. iPhone 13, iOS 17.1.1, reset Volumio, reinstalled the app, etc. I can access Volumio in the web browser but it won’t detect my SHD in the app.

Same situation here. I can reach Volumio via browser but not via app, as I used to do until a few weeks ago.
iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17.1.2, Volumio app 1.8.3.
Volumio 3.569 running on a Primo device.

So it’s Volumio 3.569 (latest) installed. Didn’t manage to get it to work on the system I built for one friend and same for another with iPhone. Works fine on volumio.local and on my Android phone.

Had tested system on my own network but, when I set it up for them, hooked up via cat5 cable to their network and set it to the correct wireless network with password. When my Android phone is connected to that same wireless network everything works fine - finds Volumio device and connects/controls. For the iPhones is just sits there searching for device. However, from a browser on their network volumio.local works fine. Not an iPhone guy at all.

I had the same problem. This fixed it for me. Go into the settings menu on your iPhone. Find the settings for Volumio. Turn on allow Volumio access to location whilel using App. Turn on allow Volumio access to Local Network while using app. That fixed it for me.

The thing is… well, see yourself.

I’m running into the same issue.

iPhone 14 pro and RPI4 both running latest version.

I can open volumio.local from the safari browser, but the Volumio app cannot find anything.

I looked into the ios permissions for the Volumio app and Location is enabled. But i do not have an option for “local network”.

This issue have been present for at least two years. Around two years ago I solved it by going back to the old App version. Few days ago I thought let’s update, they must have fixed it, a few years should be enough. but too my surprise it is still same, can’t find device after the update and it works from browser.
How hard is to compare the code which worked with one which is broken?
Or Volumio doesn’t want us to use iPhone to control it?

Is @volumio paying attention to iphone users or such user issues? Unless you consider as workaround to control volumio through a browser like safari instead the app…