Install peppy meter in volumio

Could you please make a picture of the screen o pepy meter while playing.
Thanks

Haha, don’t believe me? :sunglasses:

I have a problem though. As soon as I enable the Peppy plugin, the meters come up, but the volume mutes or stops (depending on the mixer-setting).
When I start the music again, the meters disappear.

:slight_smile: I do beleive you, I thought that when the plugin is enable the peppy meter is available on whole screen, at least this is available for me when I have performed the install from sources not from plugin in. Or maybe you vând enable it for whole screen…

1 Like

]()

1 Like

Works with Python 3.7

The plugin created by volumio has peppymeter on whole screen or only in corner?

As far as I know it is like in my picture.
It is a separate application screen.
Now it is locked in the upper left corner.
I would like to know how I can reposition it.
Maybe to start it in a different framebuffer.
Start it in a xsession.
Or - on rpi 4 - display on a second hdmi screen.

Hello dear @balbuze
The original peppymeter switch the volumio interface to the peppymeter screen (Whole DSI display show the vu meters like in my previous picture.)
I have understood from audiophilelistener that this plugin show the vu meter in a little screen in a corner .
It is possible that with the plugin to have the vu meter on whole screen or at least to have the possibility to switch from whole screen to corner display .
Thanks

The plugin provide a setting to select the fourth size of meter given by peppymeter.

1 Like

Hmm, curious. My install only shows the options “small, medium, large, wide”. They al stick to the upper left corner.
But they are not in the same ‘window’ as the Volumio-desktop. When I click on anything of the Volumio-UI, the meters disapear.
Do you have any suggestion how to move the meters?

My earlier picture is with “wide” setting. As I understand it is 1200x400 pix

What is your screen resolution? Some meter are not available in wide format, see peppymeter on GitHub. (I need to adjust the plugin though)

I know that not all meters are available in every resolution.
But I just want the “peppy-screen” movable (whatever screen I choose, it’s stuck now)

At this moment I have a hdmi monitor connected.

xrandr -d :0 -q
Screen 0: minimum 1824 x 984, current 1824 x 984, maximum 1824 x 984
default connected 1824x984+0+0 0mm x 0mm
1824x984 0.00*

Can PeppyMeter be started in a X-window?
I have seen articles where Openvt is used (openvt -s – python3 peppymeter.py)

Openvt install:
apt-get install kbd

An other option would be to use separate hdmi-screens on a rpi 4
But that would probably mean to change a lot in Volumio

Unfortunately, I can’t check it. But if you have a valid config for that, I’m ready to include it in the plugin if possible :wink:

Sorry.
If I had it, I wouldn’t have asked for it.
Right now I don’t see the value of the screen option.
The meters are beautifull, but interfere with de volumio desktop

I also use openvt for starting peppymeter… I guess in the beginning I have written all steps…

Could you share…?

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/291010-peppymeter-34.html

Here is the tutorial when I have started to install peppymeter. Started with page 32 33 I think

Also do a search on openvt word and in thread plugin display you will find all info about how I started and Stopp the peppymeter. Gvolt helped me.

Thx :pray:
I will do so

I’ve looked at it, but it doesn’t help me much.
Thx anyway.

For now I stop with it. I’m not getting to a situation that is satisfying to me, although it is only the position of the VU-meters. It shouldn’t be that difficult for the developers, I think.
For now the meter interferes with the Volumio desktop and that makes it useless.
Maybe I’m doing something wrong or I’m overlooking something. If so please let me know.
It would be nice if it worked.

Hi
Now I see 2 implementations : 1 is the original peppymeter which I have also installed but it is just to hard, I will not do it again :frowning: because of this I am stuck with v 2.853. Here to start peppy I use openvt and complete volumio UI is changed with the peppymeter. The second implementation is that one from balbuze which I did not try it yet. But now I see that it open a windows over the volumio UI. I guess maybe it will be nice to act as the original one, to change the volumio UI with peppymeter or to be as big as the used display like balbuze said… By an options.
Thanks