Install peppy meter in volumio

Yes. The plugin is not finished yet. But in my plan, I’m going to add all features provided by peppymeter. I’ll have a look soon for i2c. ,:wink:

Awesome! Thanks!

Pics of my hardware progress :slight_smile: I’ll put up a build thread eventually.

2 Likes

Hi,
I plan to build also a i2c vumeter.
@balbuze. Peppymeter will work with spotify plugin, i have understood tu hat spotify does not use mpd daemon for playing.
Thanks

Yes, with the next Buster version, it will work with all sources available in volumio.
I added several options in the plugin, see : volumio-plugins/plugins/miscellanea/peppyMeter at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub

2 Likes

Do I need to manually install alsa_modular somehow on 2.8.61? I did a quick search but could find how to dothat? Any pointers?

(Thx again for putting this effort in Balbuze, this is super cool!)

1 Like

It can work with 2.861, but I removed instructions for that because it was complicated.
You can use a beta buster.
Or better, if you wait a bit, everything is enabled in the next Volumio buster. I can’t tell you exactly when… But soon

2 Likes

No rush. thanks!

Hello Ocean1598
What lcd have you used, I also want to buy a wider one for peppymeter. I am redisigning my curent streamer.
Thanks

Hello,
It would be posible to assign in the plugin a gpio pin for starting the peppymeter and other for stopping?
Thanks

It’s a touch screen.

1 Like

gday @balbuze. I gave your plugin a try. after install, it popped up in the UI, I enabled the i2c function, set my addresses and restarted… After that volumio wouldnt respond and even the volumio cli was unresponsive.

volumio@mancave:~$ volumio status
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 3000: Connection refused

Let me know if you want any logs etc to help ur development, otherwise I’ll reset and try again later :slight_smile:

Hi.
The plugin is a front end for peppymeter.
There’s no check for values used for gpio, port etc… So if an incompatible value is choose, it may hang the system.
If you can access SSH, edit /data/configuration/plugins.json and set peppymeter to false.
I never tested I2c though

1 Like

Thanks, I went ahead and did a fresh install, got my HAT working, then tried the peppymeter install again. I left the defaults then turned it on and restarted… crashes volumio on boot. Then I disabled the plugin using the file you mentioned and volumio IO came back to operation.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/WpbUiAO.html Logs here if thats helpful.

(Im not expecting troubleshooting, just wanted to provide logs to help your development, let me know if I can provide anything else helpful)

Thanks for the log. I see the the problem now. What is weird is that I installed it several times and use it every day without the problem. I’m going to fix it though :wink:

1 Like

What happend to PeppyMeter for Volumio? It doesn’t install anymore. Not on Volumio V2, not on V3.
About 2 weeks ago it was allright.

?
What is the version of Volumio you use?

The latest v2 (2.8…) and v3.015
New installed

1 Like

I installed it just now, no problem… Please give more details!

Ok going to do it now

Rpi 3 b+
Volumio v3.015 fresh install done
Touch Display plugin installed v1.2.2
Autostart v1.1.2

What I have done before:

$ cd /volumio
$ volumio pull -b “buster/alsa-pipeline”
(often does not work, then this does)
$ volumio pull -b dev/buster/alsa-pipeline https://github.com/timothyjward/Volumio2
$ cd ..
$ cd /volumio
$ nano .env

Change line:
WRITE_MPD_CONFIGURATION_ON_STARTUP=true (was false)
Add line:
MODULAR_ALSA_PIPELINE=true
And restart/reboot

Check again (nano .env)
(often need to do again)

$ echo ‘/opt/vc/lib’ >/etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-vmcs.conf
$ /sbin/ldconfig

$ wget https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/alsa_modular/plugins/miscellanea/peppyMeter/pipe.zip

$ mkdir pipe
$ miniunzip pipe.zip -d ./pipe
$ cd pipe
$ volumio plugin install

It may take several minutes. Wait for it in the UI!

Most of the time error or just nothing happens

$ cd..
$ rm -Rf pipe

Enable plugin and configure

1 Like

please, the log