Install peppy meter in volumio

Thank you!
Why do you have spectrum "/home/pi/myfifosa” in /home/volumio/.asoundrc?
Shouldn’t it be /tmp/myfifosa?
How do you check that it works fine (before installing peppymeter)? With ./peppyalsa-client?

I do not use myfifosa , I use a DSI display ,

BY modifying the mpd.conf for peppyalsa the DSD files will not be played at full DSD , I revert back to original values in mpd conf and DSD files are OK now

I understand. I was commenting on it for testing peppyalsa before installing ppepymeter. I also have a DSI display.
I will install Peppymeter and test.
Thanks again

I have succeeded. Thank you very much for your help.
Now I have to fix the peppymeter errors.
I have made the changes you suggest in the configuration file, but I don’t see anything on the screen. Could you send me the changes made in your peppymeter.py file?
Another question … how do you run it? I see several options

This is a great topic as I am trying to make PeppyMeter showing up on my 7" display running Volumio.

I’ve submitted the fix for peppyalsa building failure. From now on, it should build smoothly without using CFLAGS.

Meanwhile I wonder if there is a github repo on how to integrate PeppyMeter to Volumio? It doesn’t need to be fully working plugin, just the config files as well as the steps, described by @Lintbf and @Mstislav?

If not, I will be more than happy to create one and hopefully this community can collaborate? Maybe if time permits, we can work together to create the plugin. It’ll really cool to have PeppyMeter plugin for Volumio.

hello,
Just an info…
We are working on a new architecture for alsa in volumio.
I already adapted some plugins to work with it. I also started some new plugins, one is peppyalsa…
At this point, it configures volumio to output to pipe to peppyalsa, provided by the plugin. It clones peppymeter too. It works for all sources. It is not ready yet for publishing, but don’t waste time to write something for the current volumio…

Hello colleagues,
I am so glad that this in the end will be e plugin :), because I have spend 2 3 days on make it worked. With help of volumio users and creator of peppymeter volumio . It looks so great.
But the main issue will be I believe, if I will upgrade the volumio I do not think I can install it again. But I have wrote all the steps…

I know that it is an issue with dsd files when peppymeter plugin is active. I guess 2 pipes needs to be configured. I could not make it… This will also be fixed?
Thanks.

I have installed peppyalsa but not peppymeter. I have been a few days dedicated and I have decided to give myself a few days to rest from the installation. This matter has come to frustrate me!
I hope that with the good news of this new plugin I will have the opportunity to make it work.

At this point, it is just a basic pipe. I don’t know for dsd file what is required. We’ll see later :wink:
edit : Do not hesitate to gives your tips to get it work!

Peppymeter plugin would be the best! :hugs:

step by step :wink:

3 Likes

and don’t trip over your peppy only step by steppy…

Hello!
A first version of PeppyMeter plugin is out!
It requires testing :wink:
You need a Buster version with modular_alsa enabled and other fixes (node path, etc).
You need touch_display installed
Once ready, just install the plugin, enable and… that’s it!
Tested only with RPI4 + official 7"
The link : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/alsa_modular/plugins/audio_interface/peppyalsapipe

1 Like

is this running on 3.10 @balbuze ? getting errors…

This command will install the plugin on your device

Compressing the plugin
No modules found, running “npm install”
/bin/sh: 1: /usr/local/bin/npm: not found
Error installing node modules: Error: Command failed: /usr/local/bin/npm install --production
/bin/sh: 1: /usr/local/bin/npm: not found

/bin/mv: cannot stat ‘*.zip’: No such file or directory
child_process.js:650
throw err;
^

Error: Command failed: /bin/mv .zip /tmp/plugins/peppyMeter.zip
/bin/mv: cannot stat '
.zip’: No such file or directory

at checkExecSyncError (child_process.js:607:13)
at execSync (child_process.js:647:13)
at install (/volumio/pluginhelper.js:689:9)
at Object.<anonymous> (/volumio/pluginhelper.js:751:9)
at Module._compile (module.js:653:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:664:10)
at Module.load (module.js:566:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:506:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:498:3)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:694:10)

volumio@music:~/pipe$

Tested in 3.014 only…
before trying, you need to
Disable plugin such as equalizer if any and

sudo ln -s "$(which node)" /usr/local/bin/node
sudo ln -s "$(which npm)" /usr/local/bin/npm
sudo ln -s "$(which npm)" /bin/npm

and modular_alsa enabled

cd /volumio
volumio pull -b dev/buster/alsa-pipeline https://github.com/timothyjward/Volumio2
cd ..
cd /volumio
nano .env

and change lines

WRITE_MPD_CONFIGURATION_ON_STARTUP=true
MODULAR_ALSA_PIPELINE=true

and restart

volumio vrestart

and
You have to be root

su
echo ‘/opt/vc/lib’ >/etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-vmcs.conf

and

/sbin/ldconfig

Installing is long because it needs to compile peppyalsa. Be patient… But when the plugin appears in UI, it is ready!

@balbuze asla seems to fail after it all can’t play songs any more…

su
echo ‘/opt/vc/lib’ >/etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-vmcs.conf

and

/sbin/ldconfig

seems to end on bash-5.0#… pasted the text in it …

btw the 3.10 seems to be a bit diffirent then the 3.14

Have you enabled modular_alsa?
Have you sound with the plugin desactivated?
what is /etc/asound.conf ?