Install peppy meter in volumio

Sorry :blush:
I was already installing again…, can’t tell

The older one works fine…

Must be install.sh, unless other things have changed as well.

Hi,
I had the same problem with
route_policy “duplicate” and find out, the problem is the missing dummy device. This device needs the kernel modul snd-dummy. It’s not load at startup in version 3.066.
Please add the follow line at last line in:

/etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf

snd-dummy

Then the route for PeppyMeter with dummy device as output is working again.

1 Like

Just took the time to install this wonderfull plugin, nice!

As the PI4 is connected to an 4K TV through HDMI, the PeppyMeter is now quite small and in the left upper corner. Was there a way that I could manually adjust the location and size manually in the config files?

Very excited about this plugin!

The peppy meter was working yesterday. Today there is a new update for volumio Volumio-3.173-2021-12-08-pi.img and the peppy meter has stopped working.

turn it off and on again. (the plugin I mean)

Did not help. I’ve done this several times.

1 Like

the I woud do a uninstall and reinstall. Had simular issues with a combi of plugins and un and re-install solved the issue

It boots up, but the level meter indicators do not work.

@2aCD

Hi Falk,
Can you look at this on?

@Marek_Grzeszczak
Have you installed other plugins, which?

I did it just like in the movie. Volumio with PeppyMeter PlugIn Installation Guide - YouTube

Please remove/undo everything and just use the plugin. Be aware that this plugin is not yet released for V3!!

OK, I’m resigning. It got too hard for me. Will try to go back to the volumio 2 version.

I did everything as described. I copied the folder. Unfortunately, the markers are still stationary.

then request assistance in this topic:

I’ve installed Peppymeter. I have a 7inch display di 1024x600. I’ve chosen the custom_2 but i see peppymeter only in a small part of my screen. in The other part the is the common interface of volumio. How can i adjust the resolution or the aspect ratio?
thanks

coincidentally just installed peppymeter and had the same problem.
I did a reboot after the installation and if it still doesn’t work I don’t think you have selected the correct dimensions/resolution active meter folder.
don’t forget to press safe after adjustments.

I solved adding the following entries to /boot/userconfig.txt:

hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt=1024 600 60 6 0 0 0

But without the screensaver I have the standard interface with very very big artwork...

@michel8166
Pssst did you see this post?

With this you can alter the size of it ajust it as you like
This will alter the size of the standard volumio not the peppy version
I had a similar problem with standard volumio and now playing plugin

Hahaha, no :laughing: