Important notice to all Volumio 2.xxx users, firmware update needed!

Can you explain a bit better? Which DAC, which service etc

Hi. This issue is also present on Streambox S2 Ultra. My understanding is that you are responsible for the software there?

Please fix :wink:

Yes, Pro-Ject is our official OEM Partner (like many others such as MiniDSP) we are already in contact with them and building an update as we speak.
Our goal is to release an update for all OEM partners today

Hi,I also use ProJect Streambox s2 and streaming Radio Paradise works but Spotify and Qobuz say their services are now unavailable.

Sounds excellent, thanks for being so quick about this :smile:

Will it affect sparky users? We got a very welcome but supposedly unsupported 2.882 update here:

My allo usbridge is working perfectly ever since, including tidal connect, local (dlna) playback and most web radios. But web radios have been shaky lately…

Please don´t forget the good old Sparky…

Hi
I’ve got the miniDSP.
I’m experiencing some troubles with the connexion to Tidal. Altough I enter the credentials I can’t get connected. Spotify connect works well. My version is 1.099 if I check for updates it appears to be the last one. Could you please indicate a way to connect?
By the way, is there an approximate date to be able to use the Tidal connect with the miniDSP?
Thanks and regards

Yes, sorry I was a little fast.
I’m experiencing dropouts, in the way that I have to reconnect to Volumio Tidal Direct in the Tidal app. The connection just disappears and the music stops. The Volumio device is however always present when I reconnect.
I’ve been very pleased with the Tida Direct feature, and it has been working flawlessly. I started experiencing dropouts about 2-3 weeks ago. I’ve changed my router I’m hope of a fix. So when I got you news mail today, I was eager to try it out.
But as you can understand I still have dropouts.
PS. It’s been playing fine for about 2 hours strait now :blush:
Regards Mikkel

Got my mini dsp shd studio today and even with the update i‘m not able to login into tidal… bad bad… i sold my cocktail audio because of this and now it continues…

Don’t worry. Before the end of the day there will be an update for MiniDSP as well. The update you did is not the one that fixes the problem

Oh that’s fast… In the case of Cocktail Audio it would take three months for such an update.

@volumio do you notify in this thread when it is ready?

Update for Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra has been released.
We are waiting QA check from Minidsp and we will release that as well.

Well done for getting it up and running.All back to normal .Phew

Issue experienced with version 2.909 since yesterday; fully resolved after upgrade.

Thank you!!

@airsal Update for MiniDSP is live.

All our OEM partners received the emergency update. So if you are using a product from one of our official OEM partners, then just update and you’ll be fine

Now we will do also updates for sparky

2 Likes

Oh yes thanks it seems to work!

@volumio little edit → in the app i was not longer able to change the volume of my SHD Studio… This was possible before the update

You need to update the device firmware as well

Okay Thanks! Will do - seems it’s not on their website right now… will check tmorrow