I'm struggling to connect via wifi

Hi,

I’m very new to using a raspberry pi. Apologies if I’m asking very basic questions.

Volumio woks fine using an ethernet cable to connect it to the internet. I’m using a netgear wg111v2 dongle for wireless, and I think this is automatically supported on the pi (?), however whenever I add the wifi details the online interface times out and then when I reconnect it hasn’t connected wirelessly. In fact I don’t think it even recognises there’s a wireless dongle attached.

Are there simple instructions anywhere for how to fix this/do this properly?

Thanks.

Yea I just resolved a similar problem on my Wifi dongle. What is likely is that your dongle is not set up to connect to your router.

Try following this tutorial https://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup.pdf

It worked for me :slight_smile:

Thanks. I haven’t actually needed to do this, it started to work for some unknown reason, probably me getting something wrong the last time I tried

What version of PI have you got, I am trying to get it to work on a B+ and can’t get any audio out, it works on an old B and I have proved my set up is ok by using sonic PI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk