How to use usb-drive

hello,

after i did not manage to mount my internal drive i tried to plug in my external usb-backup-hdd and this was recognised in the library. There started an indexing-process which seems to take quite a while…

with volumio still indexing i opened a sacd-file and played this over my denon 300 DAC and was very impressed by the amazing sound-improvement over windows- and manjaro-linux-audio playback.

But i am still confused about HOW to use this OS. I do like it simple and straight, so i never used any indexing and tagging but play my music via Foobar 2000 in Windows and Deadbeef in Linux. Is there a possibility to just browse my files and open them in Volumio?

Is this Indexing-Process something i have to wait for every time i boot up into volumio? I would really like to use this, but i never had that much difficulties to get digital audio started.

So in short my question is: is there a possibility to use Volumio in a simple way by just browsing my files and opening them?

Greetings and Thank You in advance.
Heinrich

If you keep the disk attached, during operation or reboot the indexing will take place once. It’s needed to built the music library.
The CD’s/tracks will be visible in the library, so opening the library select a track, CD or browse the library.
Volumio is not an application with a GUI like Foobar or Deadbeaf. Its a console driven OS with a web interfacce. You can still do the same “folder” browsing.

Thank you very much! The Indexing is still running and i guess i just have to wait. What i couldn’t find out is how the web interface interacts with the OS. Where do i find an entrance to the settings of the OS for example. Or do i have to do all these things via terminal. I would e.g. like to change the settings for the touchpad.

And where do i start the browser? I guess these are kind of stupid questions for those who know but please be patient.

During the installation, you see the ip address assigned to volumio then in your browser http://ip-address/
or you can use your browser and type volumio.local . It will open the web interface.
Or read: https://cdn.volumio.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Quick-Start-Guide-Volumio.pdf

For these questions I am not sure what the question is.

Where do i find an entrance to the settings of the OS for example. Or do i have to do all these things via terminal. I would e.g. like to change the settings for the touchpad.