How to show my musics per Album?

Dear community members.

I’m using Volumio 2.041 with Raspberry 2 B+.
In “Browse” section of web view, I hope web view to show contents of my music library per Album.
Of course I know there is Album section, but it shows my music library per Album artist.
If tracks have information of two or more artists, one album will be shown as plural albums.
It is inconvenient for particular albums such as compilation CD, so I’m looking for the way to show my library per album correctly. Are there workaround?

Example:
Nobuko Toda, Kazuma Jinnouchi & Sota Fujimori - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots Original Soundtrack (Disc 2)
Nobuko Toda, Shuichi Kobari & Akihiro Honda - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots Original Soundtrack (Disc 2)
What I expect:
Various Artists - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots Original Soundtrack (Disc 2)

Hi,

I just created a topic since I had similar problems. (looking-for-help-understanding-album-art-and-tags-t5622.html)

According to ID3 standards you should indeed be able to list the artists in the artist tag, while using the album artist tag to categorize the album with an artist. Compilations should be tagged with “Various Artist” as album artist, while the artist in your case is tagged as “Nobuko Toda, Kazuma Jinnouchi & Sota Fujimori”.

I believe Volumio uses the wrong tag to categorize the artist on, hopefully this could be changed easily!

LinkeLoutje, It sounds good. I hope your post would be realized.
Thank you for your response!

Me too! Now I’ve got quite a few albums scattered all over the place…

There is an old thread on this topic, and also a reference to an github issue

https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-various-artists-albums-not-displaying-correctly-t4983.html